1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More old grand photos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ArkLaK80, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ray

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, what is that guy shooting -- a 60" barrel or a pushbroom handle?

-Gary

3. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

The story that I was told was that my grandfather, Julius, had the gun made by a local gunsmith using 2 or 3 barrels on some type of inexpensive gun. He took it to the Grand as a conversation piece. He didn't shoot it in the program but he did on the practice fields. The story goes that he drew such a crowd that ATA management made him put it up.

Ray

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Ray, That is priceless, had me laughing out loud! Bill

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

Priceless photos,....please name the four people in the first photo....and look at that Model 12.

Wayne

6. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Good ol' Model 12! Gotta love them.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

MD Clark was a great doubles shooter from Connecticut who I watched shoot in his later years, you could hardly see him shuck it he was so smooth and quick. Fun times, different game. Shoot often while we can, Bob

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Open that Model 12, young lady.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Am I nuts or can you just look at the face of the guy to the right and tell he'd be hilarious with a few beers in him? Maybe he just reminds me of someone like that. I love old pics like this.

-Gary

10. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

As I was looking through some old records and news clippings in an attempt to answer a question an another thread I came across some info on the "long gun".

According to a 1956 "Popular Science" article the barrel measured 6' 11 1/2" long. The Model 12 Stella is holding in the first photo is the first trap gun I ever shot as a kid and I won my first trophy with it.

Ray

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The first guy on the left in that first picture would probably be Julius Petty, since his grandson is the one who is posting the pics. Just a guess...

12. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

Recurvyarcher

Perfect guess.......Julius and Stella Petty, Husband and Wife Champs, 1952 with Mr. and Mrs. Clyde King after their shoot-off.

I'm very new to TS.com although I've read it for years. Ater reading all the things you and some of the other established posters have written in the past it is at long last a pleasure to "meet" you.

Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.