1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More NcCain....Sorry

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Wikipedia---A Freudian slip, or parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is believed to be caused by the unconscious mind.

Click the above link to see the video...

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

The buzz in the political street right now, is that some of McCain's and Hillary's key campaign officials work for the same publicity firm.

It's mainly the O-bama democrats who are buzzing that Hillary's people have too much "coziness" with McCain's...the insinuation being, they both really play for the same team, moneyed special interests...

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

GunDr........ A Hillary fan huh ?

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Right know, I'm pulling for the Huckster and a miracle. He wasn't my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th choice, but he has all along, been one the strongest supporter for the 2nd Amendment. He's also change his stance on the illegal immigration issues. A few months ago he signed a commitment with the leader of the Minutemen, that stated that the path for citizenship, begins in Mexico or country of origin. Something McCain, Clinton, or Hussein will never do.

I also very much like the FairTaxPlan. I've read both books several times. During one of the debates, McCain ask Hucklebee a canned, uninformed questioned about the FTP, the answer went right over his head.

As I had posted on another thread, McCain knows he'll have to convince the true conserative base he'll be good for the Republican party, if he stands a chance of winning in Nov. He's got a lot of convincing to do.

I don't have one doubt that McCain would be weak on the defense of our great country....from abroad, but that's where it ends. It's the back door, at the Mexican border that he's leaving unlocked.

He's been on the public's payroll his whole live. His first years as a defender of the US. I'd be first in line to thank him for that But, just because of that, doesn't neccessarily make him the brightest bulb. He's been part of a political party that had the majority since 1994, and during the Bush administration, did nothing but spend,spend, spend.

His record as a senator hasn't been all that sqeaky clean either. He's got one thing going for himself....he's old. When some of his "dirty dealings" come up, he can always say, "I don't remember".

If it comes down to the point where McCain is the nominee, I guess I'll have to make my decision at the ballot booth.

But as it stands right now, McCain needs to have his feet kept to the fire. There's talk he's going to be short on money until the Republican convention. He's going to need to use this money wisely, which translates into NOT pandering to the moderates, but those to the right.

I've got a priority list of the most important things to me, that help me decide on a cadidate. They are...

1-Protect my family

2-Protect my country (no I did not serve in the armed forces, but now wished I had. My father did, and so did about a couple dozen uncles, aunts, and cousins)

3-Self Preservation

4)Protect my individual Rights (2nd admendment-1st prioity)

5)Stop the illegal immigration

6)Scrap the current tax stucture and implement the FairTaxPlan.

7)Provide private investment of a portion of our Soc Sec.

8) Term limits on elected officials. Many now are being elected for who they are (name regonition), not for what they've done.

9)Stop aid to countries that refuse to vote in a mojority with the US on issues at the UN, or drop out of the UN all together.

I just recently participated in my first ever caucus since moving to MN. We had near 90 people show up! My understanding that during the last election, only ten showed. Besides voting for a candidate, we discussed our wishes for future legislation. It amazed me the amount of those whos only issue was abortion. Though I am also against it, I just don't see it as a high prioriy for the preservation of our country.

Now some of you will think I'm "wacked-out", but I don't think my feeling are much different than most of those here. I haven't paid all too much attention to politics for much of my 47 years, but I've been taking in as much as I can the past 10-12 years. I've seen the changes that have been taking place, and I don't care for the direction it's been going. Many of you that are older AND much WISER than myself, probably have seen greater changes, and your opinions and observasions, I take to heart.

Well there you go,

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.