1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More food for the ant gun crowd

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A 5 year old found his parents loaded gun and went outside and shot a teeager in Mountain Home Idaho today. The parents or parent will likely be charged

2. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Having a firearm properly stored while children are present is part of responsible firearm ownership. They should be charged. Neil

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for all involved,,,,but it still comes down to RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. If we don't train and explain, something bad happens. If I lost my child do to the negligence of this child's parents, they should be more than charged.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sad and tragic. And so preventable.

But lets not lose sight of the fact that far more kids die in accidental drownings, car accidents, house fires, accidental poisonings, etc. than by firearms.

5. maka

maka Member

I am a volunteer for a gun club in our local crimeprevent org. Been doing it forever it seems. Was able to obtain a parents guide to gun saftey thru the NRA. Many parents with youngsters stop by and remark, "we don't have guns". I tell each of them, although you don't they, might go to a friends or granpa's or whatever. I tell this pamplet might help them understand. Then I usually get a smile and the often take several.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And then a story like this comes along.

Local story lifted from WBAP radio, Dallas-Ft.Worth Texas.

Azle (WBAP) - The Parker County Sheriff's Office is asking the public to help find 2 men who invaded a home near Azle Monday night, jumping on top of a 37 year old paraplegic man in his bed, pistol-whipping him -- and killing the man's assistance dog.

Billy Hammons says he had just laid down to bed when two
    men kicked in his back door. They beat him over the head screaming at him, demanding he give them money.

Hammons says his 12-year-old German Shepherd named Major was shot to death by the robbers when the dog came in to help.

The men fled with more than $500 in an early 2000 model Chevrolet pickup truck, which was blue and had white magnetic signs.

The Parker County Sheriff's office says the two robbers were wearing coveralls and masks. Both had medium builds, investigators said. One robber was described as 6'-2" while the other was believed to be 5'-9".

Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff at 817.594.8845.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's very tragic for a child killing himself or someone else, but do you have any idea how many children die each year from drowning in a back yard pool, or being poisoned from ingesting medications?

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And of the parents whose children drown in a pool... were any charged with a crime?

Yeah, I thought not.

Regardless, gun owners need to take care to make sure their guns do not fall into unsupervised hands.

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

We have been threw this issue in another forum. I have alway said to gun proof the child, not child proof the gun.

I have the Eddie the Eagle tape, and every young kid that comes to my home, sits down for the seven minutes, and watches it with their parents. My kids are teenagers and shoot, so I don't have to worry about them. I have been thanked many times by friends for doing this. As many have said here, you can't watch your children all the time, so you need to give them some education. My carry piece is on me from the time I wake up, until the time I go to bed. It is then holstered in a plastic XD holster strapped to my headboard. Extra mag, flashlight and phone is there as well.

I don't carry in the shower though.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Three very young boys lost there lives falling through thin ice on the river here last week. Very tragic.

The mother says there should have been fences installed along the river bank.

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Not anti-gun food, anti-bad parent food.

12. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Shannon, you must be around the Fremont area? That was so tragic but accidents are going to happen no matter how hard we try to prevent them. In the cases of the negligent discharges, parent shoul dhave certainly known better.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Fremont? As in Nebraska? I lived in Omaha for many years.

14. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

3 young boys fell in the Sandusky River in Fremont Ohio a couple weeks back and died, that was the unfortunate event I was refering to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.