1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More Dillon Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I checked my account this morning to see if my refund from Dillon was process yet and I see a charge for $37.46. I just got off the phone with Dillon and they tell me they don't show anything on their side for this charge and the person on the phone tells me there is nothing they can do. I ask them if they can connect me to someone that can tell me what the $37.46 is for and he tells me that everyone there is going to see what he sees and he doesn't see anything. So now I have a charge of $37.xx on my account from Dillon and I was just basically told that they can't do anything about it because they don't see a charge on my account for $37.xx. This has been one of the worst experiences I've ever had in retail.

rich219_2009_250892.jpg

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Could that be a credit to your account instead of a charge? Whay was the amount of the refund you were expecting?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It has a subtraction sign in front of it if you look closely. It says -$37.46. That is a deduction(charge) on my online banking program.

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

It's definitely a charge for $37.46 and nobody at Dillon can tell me why my account was charged instead of refunded for the SL 900. So now instead of relaxing around the house for the day I have to drive 30 minutes to my bank to go and take care of the problem. Dillon has great customer service when it comes to technical support but they are useless when it comes to something like this.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I sure hope thie good people at Dillon are monitoring these threads that you posted here so we can get the otherside of this whole story. I know this has happened in the past so I hope it happens again.

ss

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Why get so spun up over a matter of $37?

Get a statement from the financial instituion and show that to Dillon.

No need to sacrifice a day in your life and perhaps blow a gasket in the process.

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

If I have a number on my Citi Card statement that has a negative in front of it like what you show in your post, it is indeed a credit to the account. As far as Dillon not knowing what it is, you get on the phone with your credit card company and dispute the charge. Simple. Let the Credit card company do their job. This is not your fight.

JK

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Probably a restocking fee, which is illegal in many states over a certain amount ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

"I sure hope thie good people at Dillon are monitoring these threads that you posted here so we can get the otherside of this whole story. I know this has happened in the past so I hope it happens again."

Are you trying to imply that I'm simply trying to bash Dillon? This is what it sounds like to me. What would you do if you called a company inquiring about a charge to your bank account and they told you that they don't show a charge on their end and basically tell you it is what it is?

GoldEx,

My bank account shows any credits in black colored font, any charges in a red font with a (-) in front of the amount. It's definitely a charge.

I just got back from my bank and filed a dispute against the charge since Dillon themselves don't show any charge against my account it must be a mistaken charge.

The return shipping was on them, so it shouldn't be a charge for the return shipping.

Here's a pic that shows a deposit, you can see that it is clearly different than a charge on the account.

rich219_2009_250894.jpg

10. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

It's described as "Part of sale withdrawal." Could it be a charge from the bank?

Other than that, did you get a full refund from Dillon?

11. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rastoff,

Dillon said they issued the refund on Monday so it should be clearing my account this week.

It's not a charge from the bank, its a charge from Dillon but the rep from Dillon had no idea what it is and said he doesn't see a charge on my account.

12. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Rich -

You had to drive 30 minutes to your bank? You might consider switching to a bank that has phones.

Scott

13. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Scott,

I had to sign a document to get the charge removed. I kind of live in the middle of nowhere so there's not much within less than 30 mins.

14. scott calhoun

Rich -

I can't remember the last time I went into a bank except when I wanted to. I've had to dispute charges too. A phone call will start the dispute and then they mail out the forms for you to verify what you are disputing and you mail them back. Had to do that a couple of times due to my card getting compromised, but never had to go to the actual bank.

Scott

15. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Scott,

It's a small local bank, the customer service is good and the employees are personable and friendly so it's worth having to do some things in person.

16. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

So exactly how much in gas did you burn by doing an hour long round trip to dispute $37?

17. scott calhoun

Joe -

My comment wasn't intended to be a wisecrack, rather it was based the OP's posting that made it sound like it was going to ruin his otherwise peaceful afternoon. Just offering a suggestion that possibly it could be handled by phone and he would still be able to relax during the afternoon.

Scott

18. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Let's see. The title of the post is " More Dillon Problems" and the post consists of explaining a charge to your account that you don't understand and that no one at Dillon can explain.

I don't see how anyone on TS.com can help you. So yes, it looks like you are just trying to bash Dillon Precision, one more time.

We get it. You don't like Dillon.

Move on.

19. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

"vpr80,
    So exactly how much in gas did you burn by doing an hour long round trip to dispute $37?"

I think my mileage was around 42 or so round trip, so probably around $3.50-3.75ish.

warp,

You would actually be incorrect, because I do like Dillon but I've never had a problem with any of their products in the past where I've had to deal with their customer support, etc. It just seems to me that on this transactions they have dropped the ball. I don't see how a company cannot tell why a charge would show on their customer's account and they have no idea why it happened, etc.

20. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I feel sorry for Spolar.........................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.