1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More Butler XX12 news

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Butler Founder, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butler Founder

Butler Founder TS Member

We've had some really great news with the XX12. Our sales team is in San Antonio and the XX12 is being very well received. Sales are strong because the Sporting Clay shooters are discovering how the XX12 is helping them break more targets. In Salt Lake, we've nearly completed our move into our new facility. We'll have some pictures up on the website later this week. And, on a personal note, I just had a wonderful time hunting ducks and geese in Canada with my 14 year old grandson. It was his first hunt and we had an amazing time. As part of our research on the field gun, I took the XX12 and shot it for three straight days in some pretty tough conditions and it shot perfectly!!

For any of you who were waiting on shipping dates to buy your XX12, we're offering a 60 Day Shipping Guarantee or you get $1000 off the gun!! If you've shot the XX12 at any of our demos, I'd love to hear from you.
    All my best - Larry

2. Garry

Garry Active Member

Mr. Butler,

What are you going to do for those who have already have a Butler XX12 on order and have been waiting at least 60 days?

I truly wish you and your team the very best.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's a difference between promotion and news.

4. Steve V

Steve V TS Member

Larry, the email posted on your website comes back "email undeliverable". Suspect this may be due to your move to SLC. Please let us know when this is back operable.

Thanks

Steve V

5. eew

eew Member

I was out at Lee Kay Shooting Center in Salt lake two weeks ago and visited with some people affiliated with Butler Arms. They told me the new lititure would have a suggested retail price of $11,500, but you can really get it for $9,500.

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I talked to the Butler guys at the National Shooting Complex here in San Antonio this morning. I was told the gun price will go up from $7500 to $9500 the first of the year. They also will break the price into payments over a couple-three months. As I remember the first payment would be $2500. I didn't accept the offer to shoot the gun but I am impressed with the design. They completely tore it down in front of me and re-assembled it. The parts are very easy to work with and looked beefed up for the long run. If you loose a part, a replacement will not require fitting. They hope to have a lightweight "ladies" model for the 2013 Shot Show. 30 inch barrels are all they have plans for at this time. It holds two shells. The card they gave me said Jason Lee, Regional Sales Manager with a phone number of 406-890-0102. I hope this helps. Ron

7. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I handled one today. I met a guy that was shooting it on super sporting. I felt good/balance and swing. I didn't shoot it. He told me it was a "prototype" and the only one being shot in Texas.
    Then he said it was 9k. Really. Still a unproven auto.
    That must make my k80 worth 20k

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Delivery in 60 days, or you get $1,000 off? And the little detail left out, that the price goes up 2 grand the first of the year?

One thing I've learned in industry. When a supplier can't give a firm delivery date, and says they need money - more money - up front? That place in my experience often has credit problems, and are having to pay their suppliers up-front because of it.

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Buzz-gun,
    Not meeting delivery dates along with not meeting target price for a totally new item has nothing to do with finances. Unlike mature products, target price and market price rarely are in alignment when bringing a totally new item to market, things change from conception to production reality, it's a fact.

Butler is a totally new product from the ground up. This is not an existing product where changing rib configurations and stock dimensions create a new model.

Why do you guy's continue to make broad brush statements about someone's business you no nothing about. If you in fact have been in industry, you would know the above statements regarding delivery and price are true.

Surfer

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

When companies can meet delivery dates, they meet delivery dates...when they can't, they come up with "gimmicks."

In my opinion, saying, "If you don't like us making interest-free use of your funds for an indefinite period of time - we'll give you $1,000 of it back (while we continue to use the rest of it)."...is a gimmick.

They have a design.

They have a shop.

They have orders.

If they don't have product...it's either a production problem or a financial problem.

What's the deal? "Delivery in 60 days, or you get $1,000 off." You notice he said, you get $1,000 _off_...he didn't say, you get $1,000 _back_. Just $1,000 "off." (I suspect if the first round of customers gets miffed, get lawyers, and start asking for their $1,000 back RIGHT NOW - I think you'll find out darn quick, it's a money problem).

The last time I saw something like this from a company, they were secretly filing papers and heading to court.

Hope I'm wrong.

11. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was visiting family last weekend in the Salt lake area. We went to the Lee Kay shooting complex to shoot trap and try the 5 stand. At the 5 stand, there was a nice young man just tearing up the course with a different looking auto. I recognized it from photos that I have seen. I handled it and was very impressed with the balance. The shooter said that he was a co. shooter and that the stock configuration was to fit him. It lined up like a trap gun to me. I asked him if I could shoot it. He gave me a couple of shells to fire as that is all that I asked for. They were hot Fiochhi 1 1/8 sporting loads. I loaded the gun with both shells, picked out a piece of broken target on the ground about 20 yards away and fired both shots as fast as I could. Recoil was light, not super light but light. What impressed me was that both shots hit the same spot. I have shot a lot of different guns this way and have never had any shotgun hit the same spot without having to re-aim. I believe that this will be a great advantage for doubles shooting. The cycling was extremely fast and I really liked the bottom ejection and so will the other shooters on the line. Bill Hom

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Did the rib come off the Butler at the Grand when it was being shot?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The rib is easily removed/replaced. It is a very light carbon fiber piece that appears to be strong. If there was a problem, I'm sure it could be remedied. If you like auto-loaders and can afford the best, you need to get to know this gun. IMHO Ron

Added: I asked the Butler sales manager at National about the rib coming off at the Grand. He denied any knowledge of such an event.

14. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I'll never pay anywhere near that price for a jam-o-matic. Maybe try one when they go the route of the Browning Recoiless and the Beretta break over auto........not to mention they look....clunky.

15. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't have any intention of buying one, but the one at the Grand was very nice, light, nice lines, and seemed top-shelf. Since I wasn't in the market, I didn't shoot it, though it was offered to me to shoot. I did let the vendor (forgot his name) show me how it worked, was disassembled, etc.

I just don't need another gun and like the break-opens if I did.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

butler xx12 price