1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More big kittys

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

This picture from the Denver Post. was taken in Boulder Colo. last Thursday.

[​IMG]

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The big cat looks thin.

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

just a kitten it's momma was near by but out of sight of the pic.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Here's a couple of pictures that I took in my back yard:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN0242-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN0238.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Tron,

What on earth do you have your cat hooked up to? They don't pull near as well as Huskies :)

6. porky

porky TS Member

Kitty looks pretty disgusted about things

7. robervl

robervl TS Member

New Mexico lion

8. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ric3677, now that was funny.

I do need to find a few of those harnesses for our kittys as they would love to be outside.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

How do you walk a cat on a leash? I tried a few times. It was more pulling than walking. Do you strap him to a roller skate and pull him along on his back? I think that's the only thing that would work.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

You can get Cat harnesses at any pet store. If the weather is fair, Kitty will usually want a bit of the outdoors and he will stand at the back door and look up at his harness, which he slips right into. I then take him out and let him brows about the yard.

Here he is wanting out and you can see his harness on the handle of the door wall. He knows the rules and he aint going outside without putting his harness on.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN0058.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You could buy a retractable lanyard at one of the construction supply stores. If Kitty gets in trouble (coyote) or misbehaves, just hit the lanyard button.

Click, Zoom. Kitty is back in your arms.

I would probably buy a catchers glove at Dicks too. Face mesk, chest protector and first aid kit is optional.

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

RIC3677 ... the harness is what Tron used so that Kitty could pull the piano up the stairs for him ... of course he had to use a whip.

13. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

This cat was brought by a California game warden to a friend's shop to have it mounted. He said they were going to donate it to a Museum.... Jim

14. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I hope the cat in that last picture was butchered up to eat. That is the best game meat there is.

15. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

mountain lion is good to eat? We have a few here in MI. I wonder what I would use for bait?

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good to eat? Not in my experience - right down there with Sage Hen and/or RockChuck - really bad. The cat in the top post looks like it is starving because it can't hunt - notice the back leg/foot. Those are the ones that cause the problems around people .....

17. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

dickgtax:

Do a search and look for the "Cat Carrier"

Quite a unique fixture, but I'll bet you would have to be really suited-up to install it!

I heard the tighter you turned the crank, the larger kitty's eyes got!!!

Danny

18. ctreay

ctreay Member

We had a Persion cat that we used to take in our camper. She weighed a little over 16 lbs. Any time we got the harness out she knew she was giong camping and she loved it. Snap the leash on it and she was the perfect lady.

ctreay

19. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I saw a lady pushing a baby buggy looking thing that was some sort of cat carrier. It was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. The cat didn't look too happy either.

20. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I was just yanking your chain Joe..I know what they are for, even if nobody in the town I reside in do. Every cat in a three block radius uses the dirt under my back deck to "poo" in during the winter months. One was so bad I had to trap him. That was one PO'ed cat.

That was the last cat I trapped since the lady at the pound made me feel like the criminal.

Nice to see someone responsible for their pet. Not trying to get gushy on you. LOL

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.