1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More auction fun!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Holeinmypattern, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

After I bought my remington 10d this nice Ljutic Mono came out. I bought it for $1100. Should I feel guilty?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

3. Holeinmypattern

I know! I couldnt believe it, I opened the bid at 1000 and it took forever for someone to go up fifty bucks and I bid again and that was it. I should have bought a lottery ticket last night!

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Holey kaschmoley...are you sure it ain't "hot?"

5. Holeinmypattern

The auction is a annual one on new years day at a very respectable place. It's a consignment auction but you cant set a reserve on the guns. if you put a gun in it you have to jump the bid up to get what you want out of it. I figure whoever put this one in didnt care or wasnt present to raise the bid.

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

What sounds like a hell of a deal at #1100 mite turn out to be a loss of $1100 for you after it all shakes out. I would be a little leery of this one but if you are getting to nervous and scared, you can call me and I will take the $1100 chance.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

shoot 5000 targets thru it as a learning curve and then come back and tell us who got taken.

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Nice find, hope you keep it and enjoy for many years. Auctions where I have bought guns have had an FFL. handle the final transaction.

Robert

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Appears to be a standard rib. Does it have the hooded barrel?

10. Holeinmypattern

This ljutic actually fits/feels better than the one I shoot all the time but I guess I will find out when I shoot it.
    Joe- on the 10d I gave $800. a good deal or not I dont know. it is in very nice shape and I have never seen one before and had to have it to add to my collection

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Is that a Moneymaker rib on the 10D?

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

you should sell it me for $1200!!!

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Just stubstantiates what many say about the resale of a Ljutic.LOL

MIA, be nice.....

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hey, congrats, sometimes things just sell "soft" at an auction from year to year. I once bought a NIB nickel Colt Government 1911, 70 series, full size 1911 45, for $300.00 at auction. This back in '95 or so, still a good deal there. 1911's were just not in demand at that time and at that auction; people were paying a fortune for some other stuff as I recall.

15. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

You just have to be in the right place at the right time. I just bought a 90T from a gal who's dad had died about 1 year ago, she offered it to me at 1/2 of the asking price because it had one of those release triggers and everyone here that had looked at it said they couldn't use anything like that and she wanted to just get rid of it. So, I just did the right thing and helped the lady out and took that nasty release trigger gun off her hands. Glenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.