1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More 391 ?'s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

More 391 ?

How do you know when the buffer on a 391 needs replacement? Also,I got the gas valve spring from Cole guns several years ago. Is a 11/8 @1200 FPS to stiff of a load for this spring?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The buffer should only be replaced if it breaks, which doesn't normally happen unless you have a bad habbit of consistantly shooting really hot loads. It's not a maintenance item. Which Cole spring did you get (red, blue..). From the factory, your gun should be able to handle 1200fps loads without issue.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Joe-the kit came with two springs Red & Blue, the paint is long gone on the spring I installed --I do remember its the lighter spring.

Thanx-Phil Berkowitz

4. autogun

autogun Member

The lighter spring is designed for heavier loads. It compresses more readily to allow excess gas to vent out the front of the gas system and out the front of the forearm. Your gun should eject the hull 5 or 6 feet. If more or less, adjust your spring or load to minimize wear on the gun.

5. autogun

autogun Member

The lighter spring is designed for heavier loads. It compresses more readily to allow excess gas to vent out the front of the gas system and out the front of the forearm. Your gun should eject the hull 5 or 6 feet. If more or less, adjust your spring or load to minimize wear on the gun.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thanks guys-brain fart time, I had the heavier spring installed, checked my spare parts-Blue which is the thinner one & the original Beretta spring are in my parts cache.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.