1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???? Montreal Steak Seasoning ????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Which brand is best?

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I use mccormics. I think they call it grill mates. Have used a few others. Have not tasted a big difference.

3. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Barry I use the packet that is mixed with the water and oil and vinegar called grill mates from mcCormicks, the red packet from mcCormicks meat marinade has MSG in it the grill mates is not suppose to as far as I know. I get skirt steaks from a meat cutter that still gets hanging beef not boxed beef and I cut the skirt steak super thin and marinade them over night or two days they are excellent. Pat

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH GOOD PLEASE DON"T over cook.

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Barry, you fiddlin with a new Corn Dog recipe??

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I really like Tone's spices.

I buy mine at Sam's club and it is the Tone's brand. You can also buy Tone's on Amazon.

I buy a lot of different spices at Sam's in the Tone's brand. They are packaged in the small business or restaurant size.

Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tone%27s+spices&tag=googhydr-20&index=grocery&hvadid=1140338321&ref=pd_sl_5yj1zhu71_e

Ed Ward

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

McCormick's at Costco is a good deal.

7. Barry C. Roach

Hmmmm! All steak corn dogs.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I just seasoned grilled hamburgers with Montreal Steak Seasoning tonight for a bunch of girls attending my daughter's 16th birthday party. Got a lot of compliments on how great the burgers tasted. All too many people toss burgers on the grill and never season them.

9. Barry C. Roach

Thanks guys.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Barry try this. We did a few years ago, and now I can't even eat a fillet without doing it. The flavor is wonderful and I do this with the meat we get off the farm out east where we pheasant hunt.

1/2 cup of Olive oil - if you use 1 cup, then use same amount of the soy sauce<BR>
    1/2 cup of soy sauce<BR>
    1 tbls lemon juice<BR>
    2 garlic (squeezed)

Sauté the meat in this liquid and flip over occasionally. We will let them sit like this in the fridge all day, then throw on the BBQ grill. I will even let them sit on the counter for a couple of hours, covered, but longer in the fridge is better.

I've eaten many times at Ruth Chris and they have great steaks, but you can't beat this one. The better the cut of meat, the better tasting.

With hamburgers, I'll mix in one egg, onions, fresh ground pepper, and a touch of garlic before I patty them up and put them on the BBQ grill.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

montreal steak seasoning forum