1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montoya needs to be banned.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Oh,,,,,I thought it was another liberal anti-gun troll.....; )

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Montoya is one of those former "Open Wheel" drivers that some on here think are such great drivers. "See the big yellow truck?".

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

In a sport where we only count hits...he definantly didn't miss did he?? ; )....they said his tranny locked up..right

4. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

He will get hit back with a penalty for the speed on a yellow. And not to mention the heckling from the rest of the pit crews he is already receiving in the back.

GO JR!!!

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You guys ought to stick to trapshooting comments. You don't know jackshit about motor racing!!!

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

You could clearly see the sparks flying when the rear end or tx locked up. At that point it was out of his control. I was amazed that Montoya or the driver weren't seriously injured. Loved the finish though. GO BIG FORD...... Jackie B.

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Agree, he was locked up and no control, lucky nobody got hurt. Great race, Fords look fast, go Ford!

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

He also didn't violate any rules regarding pit road speed. He wasn't on pit road, and didn't pass the pace car. You think all those cars that come into the pits with 1 to go leave the pits and circle the track at 55 mph to catch up?

If they banned every driver that can't run a full race without running into someone/something there would only be about 10-15 drivers in each race.

Scott

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Rich -

You started the thread, called him an idiot, and now the rest of us are thread Nazi's? Then you added that you don't understand Nascar and didn't know his car had a mechanical failure.

Everyone was just trying to provide some information on the accident and how Nascar works, hardly being thread Nazi's.

I'm not a JPM fan, but if you want to call someone an idiot you could at least start with someone who did something that caused an issue that was within their control, like maybe Elliot Sadler running into Jimmy Johnson with 497.5 miles left in the race.

Scott

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Champion II

If all us p!ss poor shots were kicked out of trapshooting, there'd only be
    10-15 (delete "drivers" and insert "shooters" here) in each (delete "race" and insert "state shoot" here).

sissy : )

11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Sadler immediately apologized, so in todays world all is good. Bill

12. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

As soon as he saw that flashing light, that read, TACO's sold here. He slamed on the brakes.

13. oz

oz Active Member

nascar is easier than trapshooting. all you do is go fast, turn left. oz

14. SCL

SCL Member

The dude was flyng and all the sudden saw the trucks. WHen he backed out of the throttle, whatever was vibrating locked up and there he went. Wreckless on his part to take a car he new was having problems and go screaming to catch up, only to forget that he wasn't the only guy on the track. Not exactly his fault, but not the smartest move either. They say trans, but after seeing his car who wil ever know. I think his muffler bearing went out! LOL

15. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I used to be a nascar fan, hardly ever missed a race, saw the 1st nascar race he was in and said to my wife I sure hope they NEVER let that guy in another race. All drivers deserve a "competent" driver in the "other" cars. Ross Puls

16. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

"How many NASCAR drivers does it take to blow up a jet dryer? Just Juan. "

17. avery53

avery53 Member

"How many NASCAR drivers does it take to blow up a jet dryer? Just Juan. "

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

From what I hear, Sadler was set up to be Johnson's push till the end.

19. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

You have to admit it was a hell of a race..Scheduled for Sunday, started on Monday, Finished on Tuesday! Damn hard to sit that long!

Big Jack

20. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

He doesn't need to be banned. Its going to be a very long time before he lives this down. Heck of a fire though. 200 gallons of jet fuel WUSH!!! As for his speed while under the yellow flag he was doing nothing wrong trying to catch the back of the pack. He reported vibration issues in all gears right before he lost control. As for all the wrecks the drivers know they will happen, its part of the elimination process of the race. Having a "normal" wreck that make the TV news highlights is kind of an honor actually. Not as good as winning though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.