1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Monte carlo stocks and wrapid comb?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OleBlue2, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

I know you all have responded to this before at some time. I am looking for some monte carlo stocks for Rem.870 and for Rem.1100.

I currrently just started a new SCTP trap team at the Lincoln SPortsman club and I have 5 shooters using 870's 1 using a english stock 1100 and 1 using a benelli super blak eagle.
    I was thinking maybe the wrapid comb may help in getting a 60/40 out of their guns but I am not sure. Any help on this product will be helpful.

I was also wondering if anyone out there might have a or some of the plastic or composite monte carlo stocks for remington's. Maybe on the bench or in the closet. Hopefully not to pricey.

I realize I maybe asking a lot but I am on a limited budget and with the price of shells and targets going up its hard to get parents to understand the cost of a stock change.

I would sure like to give these kids the right tools to do the job. When I started [Peotone.Il trap club then on to Frankfort.]. I was givin the right tools. So I would like to return the favor.

Any help would be grateful. Thank you for your help. Bill. C

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Build the comb up with thin strips of mole skin. When you get it to the right height cover the thin strips with a wide strip. HMB

3. The Old Beater

The Old Beater TS Member

I have used the wrapid comb for two or three years and I really like it. I costs about $25 with shipping and you can move it from gun to gun. It has the added benefit of giving you a little break from recoil on the face. I have a gun that does not fit, kicks like a mule, and I am poor. So I just added weight wherever I could and threw that wrapid comb on the stock and ta-da! A poor man's trap gun.
    I have also used the moleskin technique and it works equally as well. It is a little more permanent, however, and you are designating that particular gun as a trap gun unless you like buying, cutting, and checking the POI on your gun all the time.
    Someone should put together a poor man's trapshooting book! I think I could scrounge up enough spare change to buy it!

Blaise

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Blaise,

What would be the purpose of the book you seek? I may have a suggestion.

Rollin

5. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

I Thank you all for the help. I think I will try both methods and see what works best.

I quess if I buy one wrapid comb. I won't be out much if it don't work. I like the idea of mole skin, but I am not sure how hard it is to get off the stock if dad wants to take it off so he can shoot it..

Once agagin Thank you for the info. Bill

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

OldBlue2

I have used moleskin when ever I had a need to raise the stock temporarily. As I have used it many times I can tell you that removing it is not a problem, and usually you can use it twice if you save the backing.

If I wanted it to look better I would use a Soft-comb Convert-A-Stock from Meadow Industries. Ph. 434-589-5541 or web www.meadowindustries.com - if I was you I would check this out, cost around $25.00

Tom Strunk

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Here is a cheap fix I have used that works great for me. Walmart sell a foam pad with a peal off stick on back in their craft department comes in sheets even in different colors about 79 cents a sheet. You can stick several sheets together then cut and shape as needed. I have even used mouse pads cut up under to raise the combs.

Buddy AKA Bottomfeeder

8. SCTPdad

SCTPdad TS Member

Look online for a company called Beartooth Industries. They have exactly what you are looking for. Their kit does not need any stick on adheisives or velcro and covers the height adjustments better than Wrapid Comb. I have tried both the Beartooth produst and Wrapid comb, and Beartooths design is much better. The also feel better to the shooter and don't move around on the stock like the Wrapid product can with repeated use.

Beartooth makes the comb kits in black, brown and cammo to match the color of the stock and are constucted from the same kind of material as a divers wetsuit....all of the kids I coached who have bought them have been very satisfied and they can be removed in seconds so that the gun can be restored to its original configuration.

SCTPdad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
monte carlo comb conversion

wrapid comb