1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Monte Carlo adjustable?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Grevin, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grevin

Grevin TS Member

I am relatively new to trapshooting and I have been using a BT99 with an adjustable comb. Can anyone advise if there is any additional benefit associated with having a Monte Carlo stock versus straight when the gun has an adjustable comb?

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Not if you can adjust the straight comb high enough so you fit your stock to what you need for the correct point of impact. Glenn

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Grevin, The adj comb will change your point of impact when raised or lowered. A MC stock could be of benefit to a person with a long cheek to chest measurement (long neck). The MC stock will place more of the recoil pad on your chest, or shoulder, and may prevent you having to crawl into the stock to fit comfortably on the shoulder. If a straight stock leaves a portion of the pad above your shoulder, you may benefit from the MC. Marc

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Monte Carlo style stocks were introduced before adjustable butt pads were available. They do the same thing as lowering an adjustable butt pad. That allows your head to remain in a more natural position as the gun is brought up to your face.

Pat Ireland

5. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Don't forget that your eye is the rear sight on a shotgun. As with a rifle, if you want to move the point of impact up, you move the rear sight up. To move the impact left or right you move the sight left or right. Hence the adjustable comb. You've got to pattern your gun once at 40 yds for density and once at 25 yds for point of impact. Adjust the point of impact with the comb.
    Paul Bobby

6. Grevin

Grevin TS Member

Tigman46, my bt99 is only a couple of years old and came with the adjustable stock. Your option of having your existing MC cut and fitted with the appropriate hardware sounds like it may be more cost effective than producing a custom stock. My question initially came from looking at a brochure for the new SKB GC7 that offers the availability of an adjustable comb in both straight and MC stock configurations. Assuming that there isn't the need for any extraordinary elevation of the comb, I couldn't see why the MC would be offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjustable comb on monte carlo stock
adjustable comb or monte carlo
monte carlo adjustable comb
monte carlo stock with adjustable comb
monte carlo vs adjustable comb
monte carlo vs adjustable comb for trap
put adjustable comb on bt99 monte carlo stock

trap montecarlo vs adjustable comb