1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana State Team Singles Championship

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ric3677, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I just got home from the club. Beat is the word. We had a great shoot, shot some great scores and I "think" everyone had a great time.

The weather on Saturday was nice, but a bit breezy. The singles and Dbles were so so, the handicap was the fun part. around 30 mile per and Derek Stringer showed us once again how he made the all Americn so many times as a Junior. 99 in the handi.....I was right there on the squad to witness this. He beat everyone by 3 targets.

Sunday....the team Singles were shot in the best of weather as was evident with the scores. Two teams with a 965 tied for 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th with 946. They whooped up on the last scores, showed everyone why Great Falls has the best targets in the State.

In the newly instrumented Team Handicap, Gene Clawson, yes the past president of the ATA, shot a 99 and delegated Derek Stringer to runner up.

I will post names and scores tomorrow after I get some badly needed rest. All of those that have worked their butts off helping run shoots know of what I am talking about.

Yours in Trap.......Rickyd

2. Lyle

Lyle Member

Glad to see you guys are still tearing it up there in Big Sky country.
    Rick,
    Do you have any knowledge of a Hoppe program. I am thinking about being sick on Friday and making that shoot. They didn't send me a program since I haven't been to Missoula in a while. Do you know the starting times and the events??

Thanks,

Lyle

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hi Lyle, Friday is 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, 50 Pair starting at 10:00 AM. Saturday is 100 Pair Doubles, 100 Singles, 100 Handicap starting at 8:30 and Sunday is 50 Pair, 100 Singles and 100 Handicap again starting at 8:30.

4. ric3677

Lyle,

What Mike said....LOL
    'see ya there.....Rick

5. Lyle

Lyle Member

Thank you fellas.
    Is there any added money in this program?

Rick or Mike,
    Any hotel recommendations?

Lyle

6. ric3677

At this time Lyle, which ever one that you can find.....the only one in the program is the Redwood lodge
    1-800-874-9412 50 for one person and 60 for two.

Is your shooting partner coming....I need help keeping Derek from breaking every target. LOL

The Days Inn is right down the road..you can find it in Yellow pages on yahoo or google.

Rick

7. Lyle

Lyle Member

Thanks Rick, I'll give the place a call and reserve a room.
    I'm not sure if I am going to shoot or not since work has been fairly hectic. 1,100 middle school kids keeps me busy!

As for the shooting partner, she will probably just throw everyone else off their game and Derek would probably do better. ha. I haven't mentioned it to her yet and I'm not sure if she can get off of work. Her boss is a slave driver! (her boss if my wife...ha.)

Thanks again for the information and I am going to try and make it to the shoot. I'll buy you a brew if I go.

Lyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.