1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Alex Ragulsky, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

My hats off to the folks at the Great Falls Trap Club for doing a great job in hosting the 2010 Montana State Shoot!

From the time I arrived on the grounds until the moment I drove away I was made to feel more like a friend instead of just another shooter. The kids, both trappers and the fine shooters with the AIM program made me proud to be a shooter. Politeness and sportsmanship seemed to be the order of the day for every one of these remarkable youths.

As for target setting, most clubs would do well to take lessons from the staff at Great Falls. Target setting was on par with the best I have ever seen and when someone asked for a reset or verification the staff responded promptly and with a smile.

The shooters, both in state and non-residents alike were delightful to be around and shoot with. Seemed like everyone was just happy to be out and shooting. Even the few rattle snakes I saw were wagging their tails!

There are so many nice people who made the shoot special that if I named any I would forget someone. But a special thanks goes to Rick Dorr and Derek Stringer, as well as Idaho trapshooting great Mike Stears for making the shoot so unforgetable.

If you have never been to Great Falls do yourself a favor and plan on attending. If the next shoot is anything like this one you won't be disappointed.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

PS: Congratulations to Rick Dorr for his 99 in the championship handicap. He shot well.

2. Leanne

Leanne TS Member

Alex, I never did get to see you...I saw you when you went in to get squadded, and thought I would have a chance to say hi later, but then didn't get the opportunity. I was as the scoreboard when I wasn't shooting.
    Glad you had a great experience in Great Falls...see you at the next one.
    Leanne

3. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

I figured I would drop a post to say that the folks at the Great Falls Trap Club and the folks from all over the state that donated thier time did an excellent job which made for an excellent shooting experience that will be rememebered for a long time.I would also like to thank Bill and Leanne Martin,Craig Hart and Wayne for being the best of squad mates all week,I hope that shoulder of Bills gets fixed and he is feeling better soon.Bill is one tough shooter.He shot a 100 from the 16 with I believe a torn rotater cuff.Congrats on a great Montana State Shoot Sincerly George Miletich JR.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Well Alex, as long as we are handing out congratulations, congrats on the out of State HAA and all the rest of the prizes that you won. Great Shooter.

And congrats to George on his amazing long run in the singles. I lost count on how many you broke but it was a bunch with the shootoffs and all.

Hope everyone makes it to the next one in Missoula.

Rick in Mt.

5. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

do they have any results posted anywhere thanks geo 3

6. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

I bet if you emailed rickyd or leanne you could find where the results might be posted.Congrats to Rick D. on a great handicap shoot.I would like to also give some feed-back that many shooters were very pleased to have McKnights Gunsmithing on hand to take care of the multitude of things that pop up during a shoot.It is nice to have that comfort factor knowing someone was there that could help with a minor or major break down.I know he was working well into the late nite hours getting projects done for customers.Good work ethic. Sincerly George Miletich JR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

montana state trap shoot missoula