1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ric3677, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I want to thank all of those that congratulated me on my win. I just got back from the Western Zone in Anaconda. That was another beautiful backdrop to shoot. Lots of snow still in the peaks surrounding the club. The weather was a bit dicey at times but as always...the big guns still shot the scores.

Shawn, who would have thought that I could win one last year and win the singles this year? The best part was that my gun broke, no not a perazzi..I could have fixed that myself, and I had to finish the last 98 with the bottom barrel of my dbls gun. It's almost a cylinder bore and the breaks were scary to say the least.

Thanks Mark for posting the results.

Wish you all could have been there for the shoot. Once again Missoula put on a great shoot.

Hope everyone will put the Montana State Shoot on their list next year and come shoot in Helena. That way it's close to Anaconda the next week for the Western Zone.

Rick in MT

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Rick, great job. And to think there was a time when you did not think that you would ever hit another target. Trevor Dawe.

3. ric3677

Trevor, It wasn't that long ago......LOL

4. drucker

drucker TS Member

Rick,
    Thanks for getting Dylan's trophy to him. You and several others have really helped him become a decent shooter.....

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hey Rick, congrats again. There must be some advantage when you don't have your brain worrying about the cashiering job when you are shooting!

6. ric3677

Thanks Mike and congrats on your 100 also. Good shooting.

Drew, Not a problem...I was coming this way by way of Anaconda and as long as he wasn't in a hurry...It didn't weigh enough to make or break me in the milage. :)

7. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Way to go, Rick. Good for YOU!!!!

8. Shawn

Shawn Member

Rick
    I hadn't heard the part of the story where you had gun trouble, Way to hang tough.

Congratulations again.

Shawn

9. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

Rick:

I know that you can run a post every now and then but a full trap?!? You are coming up in the world.

Just kidding, my friend. You are a heck of a good shooter and someone who I've always kept my eye on as a good buy in a Calacutta or the guy who will best my "great" score by one.

For those who thing that "nice guys finish last" you better think again. Rick is one of the very best!

Congratulations Sir!

Your friend,

Alex

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Fess up Rickster. What gun broke?

Good shootin!

11. ric3677

Alex, you are too kind. I think back and I have only bested you once in all the years. Thanks.

Mia......ok, it was my k-80. The "pear"
    I have it back and it's working fine, but I think I will have it all checked out back at Sparta. When it's too hot to shoot. LOL

12. ric3677

Steve, the weather was much nicer for the State Shoot. Wish you could have been there.

Rick in MT

13. ric3677

Steve, I didn't think you were kidding. I personally have seen it snowing that weekend of the Hoppe. If I remember correctly, I told the wife, let's go home.

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.