1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DNY 4, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNY 4

DNY 4 TS Member

Anyone know the site for the Montana State Shoot,Thanks

2. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

MISSOULA, finishes tomorrow the 15th. AJ.

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

It was one of the hottest shoots on record...right up there with Great Falls 5 years ago. There were some real good scores shot and mine weren't there. Oh well, next year.

Rickyd

4. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

Who won the State Championship trophys? Also, name some of the other shooters who shot well. Thanks.

OD

5. betterlatethennever

betterlatethennever Member

Fred Tully from Missoula won the handicap championship with a 99 and 25x25 in shootoff over Ciaran O'Neil from Kalispell. Three out of state shooters tied with 98's. (Mike Stears, Stu Welton and Travis Iksic) Not sure who won that shootoff. Bud Lee from Great Falls won the In-State Singles with the only 200x200. I know Stu ran them as well. Bill Beyl won the Doubles Championship with a 99. Mike Stears from Idaho broke the only 100 in the doubles. Brian Sipe won the All-Around. Derek Stringer broke a 100 in the handicap on Wednesday and Walt Hastings broke a 100 on Thursday or Friday. Hope that helps.

6. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

Thanks bltn.

OD

7. ric3677

I shot 98, 98 and 96 in the three dbls events and only won once. Not that it matters, Also ran the 97 in the Handicap the first day, but was shooting with Stringer when he ran the 100. I had a great time.....at least I keep telling myself that after 6 days of over a 100 degees and wind.

I want to thank the Missoula Gun Club for all the work they did to make this a great shoot. Larry Flanagan the Prez was a gracious host. Most all of the club members worked hard to make it one of a kind. 1300 registered birds. Lots of fun. I hope that Helena does as good next year.

Shoot well and have fun.......Rickyd

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks to the Missoula Trap & Skeet Club for putting on a great shoot.

9. Otter

Otter TS Member

Great shoot but hotttttttttttttt ! Missoula had 30 amp electrical service and our air cond. ran almost non-stop. I was shooting a new Keighoff K80 trap special . . . never ever ever shoot a new gun in competition without at least 1,000 total practice singles, doubles, and handicap rounds under your belt.

Missoula did and outstanding job this year and are to be congratulated ! !

Thank you for the great time !

Zone shoot is this week in Anaconda, MT. $10,000 in added money this year ! See you there.

Luxor

hey, Ricky, with all those great scores how come you kept telling me your shooting was no good ?

10. ric3677

Luxor,

It was the D class singles shooters that made me think I was shooting badly. LOL

see ya in Butte.....the kids are coming home and we are heading for the lake. It's going to be much more fun than the State Shoot. Trust me.

shoot well and have fun.......Rickyd

11. Lyle

Lyle Member

Rick,
    I talked to Stu this morning and he said he averaged over 99 in the HOA and still lost to Stears by a target. Danny Williams said that he missed something like 12 targets in the entire program and was 5 birds off the pace.
    Wow. Good thing I stayed home.
    Sounds like you shot them well though. Good going.
    I'm also sure the wagon lady missed me.

Lyle

12. ric3677

Lyle,

she did keep asking if her favorite chubby Norsky was around..Had a nice twinkle in her eye all week.

Yeah, I shot with Mike and Travis and Stringer all week.....what a humbling experience. I am surprised they wanted to shoot with a bum like me. Mike ran the first three hundred singles and shootoffs and missed one out of the 500. Geez-Luois!

I never did have time for Liars dice. Dang.

Rickyd

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks Shawn, we had a good Alberta squad in spite of the 105 degrees. Another tough Idaho shooter got revenge in the final shootoff.

14. ric3677

Mike,

Tell me you didn't let Stu beat up on you? Nice shooting in those singles. I have to go back to school and learn to shoot all over again I guess.

See ya in Helena if your wife lets you come down.

Rickyd

15. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Rick, do you have Derek's phone #? If so, please email it to me.

Larry

16. ric3677

Larry.....done

17. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Missoula ran a GREAT state shoot in spite of triple didget heat. Congrat's to the Missoula Club!

After I finished shooting the hncp on Sunday I went down to Ft Missoula and viewed the "Traveling Wall", VietNam War Memorial that just happened to be in town for the weekend and looked up the names of a few old friends-------

Had a good flight home Monday morning.

John C. Saubak

18. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Mike..
    Sounds like you did FANTASTIC!!
    Good on you.
    How did Trevor do?
    Are you shooting here in Calgary this weekend?
    I wont be, but Dad will be.

I am telling you, next year I want to come on one of these out of country shoots. They all sound like fun.

Calgary Guy

19. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.