1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana State Shoot Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipdaddy, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Are the programs for the Montana State Shoot in the mail, has anyone received one??

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one....hang on I will make a call.

Ok....it seems that they are done and on the way to the mailing place. You should be seeing them either late this week or early next week. See you at the shoot.

Rick in Mt.

3. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I got mine in the mail last week, and I live in Ontario......

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Jerry, I had the invitation letter that was sent to Canadian shooters at the Levengood shoot. It said that we can get the real program on arrival at Great Falls. I presquaded with Bruce and today I got a phone call from Joe P and everything is OK. Wed is S,H,D; Thurs is S,H,D: Fri is D,S,H; Sat is S,H,Butte Medal: Sun is S,H 14 events as per usual.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Rick,

I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago. Unfortunately my sore back and some other issues won't allow me to attend. What a BUMMER! They addressed it to "John" Burr, but it got here anyway.

Have a great shoot!

Ron Burr

Lethbridge, Alberta

6. ric3677

As I understand it.....all the Canadians were mailed out a sheet with the complete program on it.....it's just not the entire booklet. Saved a bunch of money on postage I bet. It's all you need to know what the shoot is all about but short of the entire book. The rest of us will have to wait for the "real deal"

Hope to see everyone there for the best of the west shoot. Great Falls throws the nicest targets in the State. Is it the background or the target setting? I will let you be the judge. Come find out for yourself. Or just ask Alex Ragulsky from Colorado.....100 Straight from the 27 Back To Back 4 years ago. I hear that he is really broken up that he can't shoot with me this time. So Sorry.

Rick in Mt.

7. Leanne

Leanne TS Member

Hello Everyone,
    If you haven't gotten your program yet, you can access the program at our Facebook site (Great Falls Trap & Skeet Club). We will do our best to be posting results & pictures there. I don't believe you have to sign up for FB to view the site. I will do my best to keep up...but you know how these things can go...
    We will keep the site going even after the state shoot and will put on programs for future shoots, league information etc. Come "like us" on Facebook!

8. miketmx

Only 2 more days.

9. Leanne

Leanne TS Member

Here are some of the scores from today:
    Singles:
    AA Bill Martin UT 100
    A Fred Livezey IN 99 s/o
    B John Chor MT 99
    C Marty Borlag MT 98
    D Jerry Tobacco MT 89 S/O
    Vet Wayne Lyman MT 100
    Jr David Mathies CA 98
    Ladies: Linda Gibson & Lee Ann Martin were still shooting off when I left w/97s

Handicap:
    19-21 Norman LaFlamme MT 98
    22-24 Cole Chandler MT 96
    25-27 Keith (Brian) Sipe MT 99
    Doubles:
    AA RL Davis CA 99
    A Still in S/O
    B Bob Snedeker MT 96
    C Still in S/O
    D Dean Durand MT 90

The weather was PERFECT 78 no wind...no overcast...beautiful. If you can still get here...DRIVE, FLY whatever you have to do...we are supposed to have 4 more days of spectacular weather and we have an incredible background...best targets you will find...

Leanne

10. Leanne

Leanne TS Member

Singles:
    Champion C/O
    100’s (10)AA Carry over.
    A Jerry Magnuson MT 100 s/o
    B Tafford Oltz 98
    C Cale Blarnston MT 97
    D Brady Clawson MT 96
    Sr. Vet Brant Williams ID 100
    Vet Larry Donaldson MT 99 S/O
    Lady Linda Gibson UT 100

Handicap:
    Champion Travis Iksic WA 99
    Short Eddy Mauer AB 98
    Mid Adam Danielson MT 98
    Long Larry Ivany AB 98

Doubles Class Out of State:
    AA Gary Hill 99
    A Alan Day AB 97
    B Diane Peyton AB 93
    C Bill Dhieux CO 92
    D Deb Stresewski MD 80
    Lady Teresa Kohn WA 94
    Junior Grant Williams ID 96
    Sub-Jr Hayden Oertli ID 78
    Vet Daryl Kohn WA 96
    Sr. Vet Alvin Connerly AB 93

Doubles Class State Championship:
    AA Terry Barkell, Butte 99
    A Cecil Marsh , Plentywood 97
    B Jim Woodhull, Livingston 94
    C Roger Roness 98
    D David Patterson 91
    Lady Pat Bannister, Wibaux 86
    Jr. Jessie Gonitzke 87
    Sub-Jr. Brady Clawson, Missoula 89
    Vet George Stirner , Helena 94
    Sr. Vet James Woodhull Sr., Livingston 89

Another GORGEOUS day. 85 degrees...and about a 3 mph breeze if that.

11. ric3677

Actually it was really windy where I shot.
    Not that the guys on my squad had any problems but....it was really windy for me. IN the caps in particular. Dbls not so bad. In the Doubles Mike Stears on my squad was high OU state. 99. Good shooting Mike. Alex Ragulsky was leaving smoke balls so big that Derek Stringer was having to wait to shoot. Just to see.
    I wish everyone could have made it to Great Falls. The weather is really nice. That makes the targets nice to set.

Rick in Mt.

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have lived in Montana for 15 years now. Prior to that,53 years in Indiana. I am a life member of the Montana State Trapshooters Assn. I have never seen such a terrible handling of a state shoot program in all my trapshooting years. It is truely pathetic. There is no standardized method of handling & getting the program to the membership & the MSTA refuses to set one up. I have had them come in from 6 weeks before the shoot,to 5 days before to not at all. Thomas Lobonc. Hamilton,MT

13. Leanne

Leanne TS Member

I agree, a standard method of getting the program out would be nice, however, it would still take a lot of effort from volunteers to get the programs in the mail on time...and have them be correct. Most of the people that work on these programs do not have marketing degrees, are not typesetters, or graphic artists...nor do they have print experience. Most clubs try to keep the cost of the program down because the state funds don't cover the total cost of printing and mailing. Another factor is our dear USPS. What used to be delivered in 2-4 days now can take upwards of a week or more.

I would also like to see a universal website for State Shoots. Why not put all of the programs on the web? A LOT of money could be saved in printing and postage...let everyone go online & print out the guts they want.

Just my 2cents from a trapshooter with a Marketing Degree & 18 years of print experience.

PS Hope you can make it to GF Sat/Sun

14. ric3677

The shoot is over and we had one for the books. Only a couple of 200's in the singles but the handicap was outstanding. With some of the premier shooters from the West here we had 39 punches awarded. Three 99's and 9 98's and so many 97's and 96's that I couldn't keep count.

Bill and Lee Ann Martin were in attendance and we really enjoyed their company.
    They made the shoot much more than it would have been had they not attended.

OH Wait.....did I leave out Alex Ragulsky? How on earth could I do that? Anyone that has shot with Alex will agree with me in saying......it's a pleasure. I only wish he was a better shot....heh Heh!

All in all we had a lot of great comments on the way the shoot went, I wish everyone could have joined us in the fun. Hope you can all join us next year when Missoula is host club. They can really put on a great one.

Hope you all have a great week.....Rick in Mt.

15. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

I don't think I've ever been to a shoot where the trap kids were so polite, first squad to last. The kids always had a smile and ask how your day was going. What a great bunch of kids indeed. Jerry

16. miketmx

It was a very well run shoot. Congrats to the trap kids and all the volunteers who kept everything running like clockwork. The weather was fantastic.

17. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Who won the State Championship Trophys???

18. Leanne

Leanne TS Member

I know Rick won't post it, so I will...Rick Dorr 99 Montana State Handicap Champion from the 27 yard line!
    Bill Camus - State Singles Champion 200/200

19. ric3677

Shawn,
    There were three 99's in the Special Event, 9 98's and the rest were in the 97's
    96 didn't make the cut.

I am glad the wind we have today waited til the shoot was over. That would have changed the scores a bit.

Glad you could come to the shoot Shawn and I look forward to shooting with you again.

Booger...the dbles was won by Mike Zaragoza (from Kalispell I believe) in a two round shootoff with Derek Stringer. They both ran 100's in the event.
    Derek and Jim Litzinger went two rounds shootoff for HAA with Jim besting Derek in the final round.
    The rest of the Champion scores are as Leanne has commented.

Shoot well and have fun....Rickyd

20. drucker

drucker TS Member

What a great shoot and wonderful comments from several of you on the trap kids. Both of my sons worked the entire event and shot as well with their AIMS team. They shot well (196 and 184 after working three days in the heat) but hearing people actually noticed the work of ALL the trap kids is even more gratifing to them. Thanks to all the AIMS coaches and Jerry for organizing such a great event...Proud dad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

butte medal trap shooting