1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana, Branson tractors??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Delbert, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I had a Branson 4220 (42 hp). No problems, but I got the hankering for a cab, so bought a Kubota 70hp. I was able to pull a 10' drag type tandom disk with it and that's a lot to ask for 42 hp.

The Branson was a good tractor and very stout. The only think I didn't like about it was that it tended to get hot in very dusty conditions with trash floating in the air, especially when mowing. I had to clean the radiator regularly since the screen didn't do a lot.

2. Robb

Robb Member

I just bought a JD 5425 and was told it was built in Augusta Georgia.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I owned a 5510 JD built here

4. M-16

M-16 TS Member

RHG I like the Quote "those are real tractors" Bigest thing which ones can you get parts for handy. Nothing worse is to have it unusable do to parts or have to drive a long ways for them, or worse yet wait on parts from oversea's

5. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

As far as I know, you can't buy a compact tractor made in the US. Both Branson and Montana are made in Korea, as is Kioti- another well built tractor.

I have a friend who just had to have a John Deere. He got one too, but it isn't half the tractor the Branson is and is far more expensive.

6. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I can't argue with what Steve said- I love my Kubota M7040. After owning tractors made by Ford, Kioti, and Branson, I've found my true love. Of course, having a cab with a CD and A/C helped too. I really don't miss sucking in dirt and pollen from an open station tractor. Of course, Montana and Branson make cab tractors too, but I've never owned one of theirs.

I'll also say this for Kubota- they are very well designed and engineered. You really need to own other brands before you can fully appreciate some of the features of the Kubota.

Ray, one more thing. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a 2wd compact tractor, especially if it has a loader. 4wd is essential in small tractors no matter what anybody tells you. Take that from somebody foolish enough to buy a 2wd for my first tractor. NEVER AGAIN. I don't think Montana even makes a 2wd tractor and I know Branson doesn't. Also, if you get a loader, make sure and also get a shuttle shift or hydrostatic transmission- you'll be sorry if you don't. Been there, done that too. All Branson's have a shuttle standard.

7. M-16

M-16 TS Member

4wd verses 2wd go 4wd most times they are not more expensive. due to dealers don't want to order 2wds. Even mowing a yard take a sharp turn the inside wheel may spin were a 4wd will not. Delbert is correct with a loader 4wd is a must. I've tried to pick up stuff and lifted the rear wheels off the ground and still was able to move it with the front wheels. I owen a JD 750 and like it. Kubota's are nice usely cheaper then JD$$ I had worked for JD so I got a better $$ on it. JD has a Yammar motor in it, and yammar use to sell complete trators in the USA.Now some parts for them are impossible to get and a lot you need to find what JD part is it's equal. Thats the only problem with off brands are they going to be here in 5-10 years?

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The 4 wheel drive and Shuttle Synch tranny are good advice. Dont leave home without either. Also make sure to get wheel weights and not liquid in the tires if you are getting a loader

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Before you lay down any money, please contact Bill Smith or Eagle Equipment Com in Island Park, ID. eagleequip@fairpoint.net or 208-558-7015. This is my father-in-law. Bill is a used equipment dealer and auctioneer who retired as a district manager from J I Case back in the early 80s. Since then he's run his own business. Bill knows his small tractors as well as his ginormous combines and he knows how to get a deal. Tell him Reece Talley recommended him to you. I get no kick-back, I just want to see you get the best advice you can before you buy. He deals all over the country so you can bet he will know something about what you need.

R J Talley

10. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

It wasn't stated, but the wheel weights needed are on the rear wheels. They aren't necessary on all the tractors, but are helpful in any case.

11. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

I agree with Delbert 100%. Bought a 3010L Kubota new in 2000,4x4,Loader,Hydrostatic Transmission. This is a great combination. You won't regret it plus resale value is high on Kubota's if you ever decide to get rid of it.

i_shoot

12. bhartley

bhartley TS Member

You get what you pay for.I work these sm. tractors all day every JOHN DEERE #1.

13. willing

willing Member

Just read an article on self-steering farm equipment. Has anyone seen or used them.
    They apparently use GPS. A far cry from the steel wheeled Fordson I drove as a kid.

Bill

14. bentbarrel

bentbarrel TS Member

Watched a friend plant corn with a GPS driven system a few weeks ago, system did everything, even raised the planter and turned the tractor at the end of the field and lowered the planter again. Straightest rows I ever have seen.. Its not your Grandfathers tractor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

branson 4220

branson 4220 for sale

branson 4220 hp
branson tractor dealers in montana
branson tractor dealers in montana state

branson tractor forum

branson tractors
problems with branson 4220