1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Monsoor's BT-99 AR - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Avatar, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Avatar

0   0   0

Monsoor

I am interested in the BT-99 AR, Monsoor's Sport Shop edition. It features a MC stock, beavertail forearm, and adjustable rib. Does anyone have one? Is it worth the extra price?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

I like them, but it seems like a heck of a lot of extra money to pay for an adjustable rib. I almost bought one myself but chose a like-new BT-100 instead and saved $500. Even at the same price, I'd choose a drop-out, adjustable trigger over an adjustable rib any day of the week. But if you want to raise the comb way up, and you're bothered by a little gap between the beads, the AR might be a good solution for you.

If you opt for the AR, compare prices against Sportsmen's Den in Shelby Ohio. They were cheaper when I was looking ($1899 18 months ago), plus they were using Rod's Custom Stocks (apparently right down the street) to add an adjustable comb for $200.

Good luck.

-Gary

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I got one two years ago set up with a RAD from Monsoors. In fact a shooting buddy and I got two of them with sequential serials. Both of us are very happy with the guns looks and performance. I believe its the only new Browning SBT available with a fully adjustable rib, which is what both of us wanted. Plus they have eliminated the beavertail forepiece and put the old style piece back on it. By doing both of these changes and going with a high gloss finish they have imho gotten rid of nearly all of the flaws in their standard BT, which is a pretty good gun in itself. After I have now gotten used to it, I am enjoying my best scores ever and use it exclusively for singles. Bill

4. Avatar

0   0   0

Thanks for the comments and information. I'll check out Sportsmen's Den.

Does anyone know if the adjustable rib barrel is interchangeable with a regular barrel? I'm wondering if the receiver on the Monsoor's AR is different, making it impossible to install a regular barrel if I don't like the AR... Also, assuming one can buy it someplace, maybe it's possible to install an AR barrel on a regular BT-99.

Gordon

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Not real easy to change barrels on a bt-99. To start with browning won't sell you one. They say it's "cost prohibitive". I guess that means it's cheaper to buy a new gun from them. Years ago I wanted to try a 34 inch barrel on a bt with a 32 and called them about getting a barrel. No dice. if you can find one, it's possible to have it fitted to your gun by a gunsmith if the parts are compatible. I don't think you would have a problem with the adjustable rib on the AR. As I mentioned it's a very nice shooting gun, and having it adjustable on both ends makes it perfect to find the p.o.i. that's right for you. Bill

6. Avatar

0   0   0

I found a bunch of BT99 barrels listed at Midwestgunworks, see link above, including a stainless adjustable barrel. I plan to call them to see if these are compatible with all BT99 guns, or, just the ones that had these barrels to begin with...

7. woodtowood

woodtowood Member

0   0   0

I own two BT-99's and a BT-99 AR. I have been shooting the AR for the past six months. I like it a lot. I bought it for the higher and adjustable rib as well as for the thicker forearm. You will encounter one problem if you have a BT-99 barrel fitted to the AR. The MC stock is set up for the higher rib on the AR and with the lower rib, it will shoot VERY HIGH (about 2 feet at 40 yards). Please don't ask how I know this. :-}

Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 ar

browning bt 99 review
browning bt99 ar
bt 99 ar
bt99 ar
monsoors
monsoors bt 99 ar review
monsoors bt99ar