1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Monroe Co.(MI) Travel League

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Mike, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Member

Maybee S.C., first shoot of new year, 179 shooters, Carleton leads by 8 targets, 3 way tie for Hi Gun

mik_2008_030313.jpg

2. Mike

Mike Member

3. Mike

Mike Member

4. mobear

mobear Member

I was stuck working sunday, this was the firt time in probably ten years that I havn't made the first shoot of travel league.

Dan

5. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I use to shoot in this league as an ER member. Relocated to IL and only wish they had something like this. Enjoy!

6. Mike

Mike Member

Next shoot at E. Rockwood, Feb 12 Mik

7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Any info available for this league? I would be interested in possibly shooting in the future. I live in Royal Oak, so the drive is not prohibitive. Thanks.
    Chuck Stevens

8. Mike

Mike Member

Chuck, you need to be a member of one of the 9 clubs posted in the picture, you end up being welcome at all the clubs and shoot at member rates. Closest club to you is Wayne Co. Sprtsmans. Each club has a personality and something to offer. Mik

9. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Mik,
    I am the immediate past V.P. of Multi lakes Cons. Assn. I underestand the need to be a member of one of the clubs listed. Wonder if MLCA could join the league next year? I don't know what kind of participation we could generate, but would be willing to put out the feelers if you guys are interested. I would still like to attend one or more of your shoots to learn more.
    Please email me the details.
    Thanks.
    Chuck Stevens

10. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

I used to shoot for Brest Bay sc before I moved to South Carolina, some of the most fun I've ever had! Curt

11. Mike

Mike Member

Hi Curt, Chuck just show up at E. Rockwood Sunday 2/12 between 8a-4p, talk with the representatives of the clubs. I think it took years for the last club to get in, just sayin'. Easier to join one of the existing clubs, that's what I did. Mik

12. Mike

Mike Member

Chuck, Also is your club willing to open the doors to the 9 member clubs and allow them to shoot for member rates? Mik

13. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Mik,
    The answer to your last question about member rates is yes, as long as we are part of the league.
    Chuck

14. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Mik,
    It's Sunday not quite noon and I am headed to WWSC to talk to the guys there at the shotgun range and see if I can gather some more info. Could you please email me the directions to E. Rockwood? I will show up there at whatever time is your best to discuss further on Feb. 12 That way I can meet some of you guys and talk mre about Multi-Lakes etc. Thanks
    Chuck

15. Mike

Mike Member

Chuck, Western Wayne Co. Cons. Club is not in the league, Wayne Co. Sportsmans Club is. From your neck of the woods to ERSC I would take 275SB to telegraph, go N to Labo Rd, go W to Exeter, go S to club. Google it for map. ERSC 9943 Exeter Rd, Carleton 48117 734 654 9769 I am not one of the club representatives but I could direct you Mik

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Which one has the cheapest member rates.....

17. Mike

Mike Member

Jim, Good question, also ask which club has the lowest work hours or the option to buy work hours.....I don't have the answer, but come down to E. Rockwood on 2/12 I'll direct you to those that know. Some are only Trap, some have rifle ranges and Sk$$t, Mik

18. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Mik,
    Thanks for the info for 2-12-12 at ERSC. I will be there to talk to you guys or whoever might be able to answer all my questions. I've got a lot of interest in my area to start a travel league, so I need to gather all the info I can about what you guys do, how to handle the volume of shooters, and how to score it etc. I'm writing it all down so my old timers disease doesn't kick in and I forget half of what I want to know.
    Thanks again
    Chuck

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm only looking to shoot travel league ;-)

20. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Paul,
    I'll try to be at WCSC around noon on Wednesday too. I look forward to meeting you folks. I certainly appreciate all the willing help. Trying to make our clubs better is a chore as everyone knows.
    Thanks Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.