1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono vs. 90t

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfesi, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfesi

jfesi Member

I have been shooting a very nice 90t for a bit now. It is a nice gun, but I am having a hard time making it fit since the stock is straight and I have a fat face.
    I am trying to decide whether to buy another stock to modify, or if I should buy a Ljutic Mono that is close to here and already has a custom stock.
    I looking for people's opinions that have shot both guns and some pros and cons of both.

Thanks

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The Ljutic is by far the best choice. Super tough. Will last your life-time.
    Nothing special about the 90T and I've owned two. I never liked the fact
    the receivers were cast rather than forged.

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I strongly second SKYBUSTER. The Mono Gun has enough weight forward to insure a smooth swing with good follow thru. By comparison the 90T feels like it has a bag of shot out on the end of the barrel. I guess that's OK for some but too heavy for me, and I'm 6'5" and on the wrong side of 300lbs. Marc

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Well, I Own Both and Like Them About the same "Except" If A Part "Should Happen To break The 90T Parts Are Less Expensive I Think And Doug Braker (Gun DR) Is A Super Guy To Do Business With. Lujtic "Special" Is Around 800.00 And That Is A "Special". Please NO Ragging About The Lujtic's As I Own (2) And They Are GREAT Guns. JUST Kinda Like Them 90T's Joe W.

5. jfesi

jfesi Member

Is there any difference in the trigger feel?

Thanks again.

6. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I am loving this thread! I have wondered about this compare and contrast for months! Was sorely tempted by joe90T's last sale. Really like all I have read about the Ljutic, too. Lets hear more of pros and cons of each! Please! Martinpicker

7. Beni

Beni Member

Ljutic is more balanced,90t I think feels heavier. Ljutic triggers are great,Ljutic guns swing nice to... beni

8. Kingranch

Kingranch TS Member

I have been shooting fro about 1 1/2 years now. Started out with an 870 Comp, also had a Browning XT. Was basically a "B" shooter on the 21 yd line. Last Dec bought a Mono Gun. I am now on the 25 1/2 yd line and am right at a "AA" shooter. Has to be the gun ... right?? Don't know that much about the 90T, but you wont regret it if you go with the Mono. I have never had someone tell me that they didn't like and enjoy the one that they have/had, but several have told me how much they regretted getting rid of the one that they used to have. I boils down to which one fits you the best, and maybe more important than that, which one you have the most confidence in. One more thing, If I was going to change one thing on my Ljutic, it would be the trigger. They are bulletproof, rugged and very simple, but maybe not the best pull I've ever felt. It shoots lights out though and has enough wieght to it to shoot all day and not beat you up.

KingRanch

9. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I tried out TMX, 90T regular and HPAR, and two Mono guns at the Grand this year. LIked the way the HPAR felt but the one I tried was quite used. Could not shoot the flatter shooting low rib 90T, TMX or Mono. Then tried a Mono with a mid rib setup to shoot 80/20. Shot it well and brought it home. If you go with a Mono I would try a low and mid-rib to see which one you like.

The point about Mr. Braker supporting the 90T is spot on as well. If the HPAR would have been in better shape it probably would have been the one to follow me home. Try before you buy if at all possible.

10. Kingranch

Kingranch TS Member

I might add, although it probably doesn't matter, that mine has the Olympic rib.

11. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

The only question that matters is, does the Ljutic you're considering fit better? If not, none of the other stuff matters. It doesn't matter how reliable the gun is or how nice the trigger feels. If it doesn't fit, you won't shoot it better. That's what we all want.

Don't worry about the repair issues. Doug Braker can service either gun. If you pick up the Ljutic and like it, get it. If the 90T makes your heart beat faster, get the new stock.

Personally, I'm a Ljutic fan. That's why I'm having a stock made for mine.

12. shootnair

shootnair Member

Owned both, both good! Didn't care for the way Ljutics break open without the top lever.

13. rrose

rrose TS Member

Another thing to consider, I think you will shoot the guns that fits you better that the other nomatter what guns you are looking at. Both guns are great and have strong points for each. I think the Ljutic has one big advantage and that is being able to get a PFS so that you can get a great fit
    for that should enable you to shoot the best. Or there are a lot of stocks available for the Ljutic used or new, finished or inletted that you could get it to fit you if it does not already. ALso I think you can find parts easier for the Ljutic if you should happen to need something, which is unlikely.
    randy

14. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I shot a mono for 19 years and never got past the 23yd. line. The gun never gave a mechanical problem, but apparently didn't shoot where I was looking. I sold it and took a low rib with an adjustable comb 90-T on trade. By the end of that season I was at 25.5, and had won a couple of events + $18k on one day. Both are excellent, reliable guns, the 90-T being the heavier. If you get the Ljutic, use you sex finger to open and close it so you don't tire your trigger finger.

Buz

15. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

If you can find a MonoGun that shoots where you look, your search for the perfect trap gun will be over. Best product out there for the money!

16. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

17. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Scrap them both, go with a cheap throw away, blow your nose, Mossberg. Win with it and laugh all the way home!

Oh Wow regards,

Harry

18. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Irrespective that I own a couple 90Ts (fixed and HPAR), the 90T you own is the gun you know... the Ljutic has a custom stock... for who - you?!

Get the 90T fit or at least have an adjustable comb and butt pad put on it to make it better fit you or if your face is really rotund, the 90T can be easily cast...

Better to spend a few bucks on a gun you know...

Jay

19. Beni

Beni Member

Still looking ?? kicked butt again withmy mid rib ljutic tonight with a 97. You should find one and shoot it I think you will be pleasantly suprised. They really smoke targets,and only have like 6 moving parts good luck beni

20. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Joe, as I Said In An E-Mail Take A "LITTLE" Off Of The Right Side Of The Stock where It Contacts The Receiver Until Your Stock fits You. REMEMBER Just A "LITTLE" At A Time. Since The 90T's Had NO Cast Off Or On This Is The Way To Adjust CAST. My 2 cents JOE W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.