1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mono or TM-1?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

<a href="http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/mbunk/?action=view&current=LorP004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

After a 30 year hiatus from trap I have returned and am having a ball. I have had the TM-1 pictured since new. It is a 1973 that I have just had completely gone through by Doug Braker (Gun Dr). 34" with Stu Wright choke tubes (.020,.028, & .032), leaf spring pull trigger, and two stocks one with a Bump Buster.

The Mono is a 1974 two bbl set recently aquired. Both 34", one bbl .022 choke and the other .039. It is in fair condition but will shortly be sent to Ljutic for the rebuild special they are now offering.

And now the dilemma: Which one to shoot? Scores are about equal. I always preferred Perazzi but this Ljutic shoots nicely also. I know I should pick one and stick with it. Short of giving one gun to one of you,(LOL) ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Thanks, Marc

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Marc, you can send that TM-1 to St. Louis, you know it will be well taken care of,,,lol jim

3. EE

EE Banned User Banned

TM-1.

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jim,

I absolutely had to keep this TM-1. Only because I have so much history with it. Years ago it took me to the 27 HC and AA Singles. This gun is just back from rebuild. I went with the Teflon finish and LOVE IT. If not for this gun I would never have parted with yours. I doubt theres another original gun any nicer than yours. Have you shot it yet?

Confusing matters even more, I recently bought this Mono and I really like it (the way it shoots). Way different than the last three Monos I have had. Two of them were two bbl sets especially made for me. I know I have to pick one and stick with it. I'm still in the fitting process not to mention I had to switch to LEFTY.

The main reason for this post is probably because I wanted to show all the gun(s) I have been talking about recently. But still, I know I have to pick one to shoot and stay with it.

SO LITTLE TIME, SO MANY GUNS. There are at least three others I have that I would like to shoot. I suppose I will and add to the confusion.

Let me know how that new TM-1 is treating you. Marc

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Marc our weather has been absolutely terrible and I have not shot it yet,,I did order new springs for it just in case..Hopefully few more weeks and I'll get to shoot it. Your TM-1 looks great,,

By the way, The TM-1 I got from you fits perfect,,I don't think I'll not need all that adjustable BS on this one,,,

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Both beautiful. Seems originally is more of an issue with the P-Guns than with the Ljutic. I'd put the P-Gun away if investment/collecting is part of your involvement with this sport.

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Sell them both off and shoot something else. You know how great that new gun feel is. Not to mention all the guys wanting to shoot it.

Rick in Mt.

Sell either one of them to me. Nice looking units.

8. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I would be proud to take the Ljutic, I will take care of the rebuild.

Rick

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shoot a few hundred handicap rounds with each. After a little time the answer should become obvious.

Pat Ireland

10. trucker1

trucker1 TS Member

mono no thinking needed.will last forever,no mec. needed

11. 7771

7771 Active Member

Tm its a perazzi enough said.

12. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

You will save a lot of money in parts and repairs if you shoot the Ljutic. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.