1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

moneymaker ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harpo, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpo

harpo TS Member

just received my tm1 with its new high rib can't say enough about the job they did got the fixed rib shoots exactly where i asked them to set it thanks jay job well done mike harbath

2. xxstr8jacketxx

xxstr8jacketxx TS Member

how much did it cost? the never respond to my emails

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Ribs yes, but keep other repairs to the professionals.

4. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Pictures? I have been considering having moneymaker install a rib on my XT but they do not answer emails, as stated above. According to their website it looks like it would cost about $500 for a fixed rib. I expect that the barrel is reblued but the XT has a silver finish near the breech, do they preserve it? Thanks.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

they are not a tech minded bunch-- i gave jay some lottery tickets and he struggled to lookup if he won!! not that he cudnt , he just doesnt take time!!i think his computer is back at the house---his righthand man, mike gets in the shop @ 8:00 and jay around 9-9:30----i live an hour from them and know they work hard so at the end of the day, emails arent a priority---very nice guys who live and breath barrels and rib work---givem a break, the old phone contact is how they do business!!! wally riebesell rock port mo

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They are not the only ones in the gun trade who do not do e-mails. Just call them up. I know lots of guys who have been 100% happy with the ribs Moneymaker has built for them.

7. harpo

harpo TS Member

475 total with shipping 9week turn around about a month longer than told that it would take but for the job they did and the price it was worth it reblued barrel as part of cost very well done highly recemend them your right they never answerd my email but jays more fun to talk to on the phone anyway harpo

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I don't think you would have been happy with the final look if they didn't reblue the barrel.

9. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Remstar311, I expect the barrel would need reblued but I wanted to know if the factory silver finish near the breech is preserved on an XT. Thanks.

10. xxstr8jacketxx

xxstr8jacketxx TS Member

Do you have a picture of it?

11. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Great guys to work with they are a small shop so turnaround is not fast but they have built me several ribs and the results were just what I wanted always satisfied Jay is very personable and Mike is just as nice and they listen to what you want and POI is right on they shoot them there until the POI is correct. Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.