1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moneymaker Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoosierdad, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosierdad

hoosierdad TS Member

Thinking about having an adjustable moneymaker put on my TM1. Likes? Dislikes? Already have adjustable comb. Thanks.

2. harpo

harpo TS Member

i had a fixed rib put on my tm1 love it incredible job just sent it back for a adj. comb job can't say enough about their work

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Ditto what harpo said, I have the same gun with a high MM rib. Will have to get your comb way up and add high posts. Original comb looked real bad way, way up so I had a larger/ higher Ebony Comb made for looks only.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ask them how much weight it adds to the bbl. That may turn you off. If they can do it in Aluminum, go fo rthat

5. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I had the Moneymaker Adjustable Rib installed on my TM-1 three years ago. I have had no problems so far (around 50,000 targets). It is a little higher than a TMX rib, so it requires very long posts on the original stock. I replaced stock and forearm with later TMX units and still had to make longer posts. Second picture is original stock, so you see how much comb has to go up. The rib is made of aluminum so it added no weight to barrel, if anything, it might be a little less weight, so I made the adjustable balance system on the front of the forearm. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hoosierdad

hoosierdad TS Member

Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

7. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

that looks like a target crusher!! and for a lot less than a TM9X!!

8. harpo

harpo TS Member

to answer mias question on weight i didn't even notice a differance as far as height i added a 1/8 in. pad didn't care for the feel so thats why i'm having a adj comb job if you have any questions on the fixed compared too adj. i'm at7158232553

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Before having mm install an adjustable rib, contact Dennis Devault and have a look see at what he offers. Dennis's adjustable rib is superior in every way to what mm offers. And unlike mm, Dennis will make sure it shoots the specified POI.

ss

10. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I have read great things about the shop mentioned in the above post. I would be sure to check it out before purchasing. I had a very good experience dealing with Jay at Moneymaker and wanted to pass the word along. The point of impact on my gun is exact as per instructions I gave them. I am as picky as they get!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.