1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moneymaker guncraft experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdsfarms, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Without getting into a bunch of detail after being highly recommended I sent them my gun to have a fixed rib put on with a higher POI and some barrel work done by them,while I am satisfied with the rib and the POI, my experience has been poor and extremely slow to say the least and they have had my gun more in the past year than I have,has anyone else had work done by them and how was your experience.Jerry

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

They did a K-32 top single barrel for me in October,adjustable rib and a reblue.Took about a month,had excelent communication with them. The only screw up came in shipping and that was UPS fault. The final job was perfect,guys at the club loved it. Would deal with them any time..Ray

3. releasebob

releasebob Member

Guess I don't get the problem if you are satisfied with the rib and the point of Impact.BOB

4. harpo

harpo TS Member

had a fixed high rib and adj. comb put on tm1 excellant job great price

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I had rib put on a 390 barrel and was less than impressed to say the least. They had it three times and it looked like a third grader did the work even then. And their 200.00 trigger job was terrible as well. No return business from me either.

6. jdsfarms

Like I said they were highly recommended and I was satisfied with the rib and POI,I originally sent it to get a rib put on,forcing cone lengthened and backbored and have the rest of the gun reblued was told it would be about 6 weeks,after 15 weeks and several phone calls it was returned with the rib on but the blueing on the barrel had an imperfection on it,but none of the other work was done there was a note that if I would send it back the next fall after trap season was done the barrel would be reblued for no charge and shipping paid both ways.After calling and asking about the other work that was to be done it was agreed that it would be done when I sent it back the next fall,I sent it back around thanksgiving with a check to have the rest of the gun reblued when they did the barrel and I decided not to backbore it or have the forcing cones done because it was working well the way it was.After calling 3 weeks ago and it being promised to be sent it did not arrive I called last week and was told it had to be redone again and promised for this week today I was given a tracking number and it was sent out tuesday the 12th I am assuming parcel post because it will not be here until next tuesday the 19th and I sent it priority mail and it got there in two days.Jerry

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I got great service it is a small shop so turn around is longer but the bigbore they made is one of my favorite guns.

8. JT 27

JT 27 Member

No current work to comment on. Prior to the son taking over, I had terrible experiences. 2 ribs shot loose in less than 25 targets, 1 70/30 rib shot 120, 1 bbl blew up at the muzzle with new shells, they installed choke tube on an angle leaving .010 wall at the point of break. All this to get 1 bbl ribbed. Also had a trade for one of their spl. guns worked out with the son, Ray queered the deal saying he would not honor the trade. Have not been back.

9. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I deal with them regularly (I live about 2 miles away from them) and have always been completely satisfied with their work. Mostly re-bluing, but always fairly priced and reasonably prompt.
    dju

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Only had one dealing with them and was more than satisfied.

They did great work on my Perazzi.

Hauxfan!

11. jdsfarms

Just an Update got my gun back today did a nice job in the blueing but No ejector,Called and it is still sitting on a workbench in Omaha looks like another week of Winter league with my back-up gun.Jerry

12. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Had a Perazzi sent there and was redone 2 times. After that I took it to someone that new how to repair it. Would I use them again? yes, but wouldnt have them do this type of work again. Was a serious hack job on the welds.

13. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

I will let everyone know after tomorrows UPS delivery.. Right now I'm just a bit pissy with Moneymaker........................

Matt Nicol

14. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Rib work looks very good. Will shoot for the first time this coming Saturday morning. Their shipping was COD, a real pain in the ass for us "still working" people!!! I wanted to pay up-front, but was told, na' dont worry, will get the gun to shoot where you want it first,,,, pay up later. Thats great, however the cod thing is a surprize.... Hells-Bells, this $465.00 fixed rib job turned into a bigger run around than my new $2-K+ MX2000 barrel from Stafford, who sent the barrel with a billing statement and just asked to send a check when ya' reciev e the barrel. Overall, im pleased this far,,,, but they should have told me at the start their payment terms are COD. Matt Nicol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.