1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moneymaker Adjustable Rib on a TMX?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MikeLewis, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeLewis

MikeLewis TS Member

Jan 10, 2013
    What do you think? Would like a Moneymaker adjustable rib on my re-built TMX - gun has been reworked totally. But,it still shoots 50/50 or at best 60/40. Being a classic Perazzi I am waffling back and forth between going all the way to update it like a TM 9X or selling it and picking up a Guerini or similar new style gun.
  2. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

May 6, 2009
    I just had a TM-1 completed and sent back to me last week by Moneymaker. Turnaround was fast and couldn't be happier. Workmanship was very good.
  3. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

Feb 26, 2011
    hi mike u most definetly will be happy with jay and mikes work. they did lots for me. tell jay that u got an outstanding refferal from howard. once you have them do it you become like family. ps he has internal honning mach. that his dad got from purdy and purdy. you might talk to him about tuning the internal bore. THIS U WONT BE SORRY FOR. there is no other place that i would go to. ps. he even did prototype adjustablerib on my 2 piece mdl. 12 barrel and i shoot the eyeballs out of it. have a great day howard
  4. inkduster

inkduster TS Member

Jun 19, 2008
    keep the TMX rid as is...you can pick up TM1 barrels for rework...no problem...
  5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2006
    I've seen other post on here about their TMX's not shooting to a high enough POI. I am wondering if mine is unique in some way, because it shoots a strong 85/15 with the beads stacked. Is this unusual for a TMX?As far as I know, nothing has been done to the bbl.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2007
    If you raise the rib that much, you'll need longer posts for your comb. A lot longer.
  7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    My TMX shoots about 9" high at 40 yards with just a little space between the beads. Someone recently stated that at least 3 different ribs were attached to the TMX and I saw a picture of one that had a very steep slope on the rib, I heard that was one of a special order that Perazzi built. I would shop around for a TM1 barrel and put a Keensights rib on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.