1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moneymaker 391 for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hammer-time, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Moneymaker 391, 12 guage, 30 sold pending funds

391 12 guage, 30" For Sale, this gun is used, but has functioned flawlessly. Trap is not our game and this gun is being replaced. Shoots extremely well. Comes with the Moneymaker adjustable rib on the barrell, choke tubes, choke tool, factory case (not the one pictured), both pads, Carey Closer/shell catcher. $1,400

Gun is sold pending funds

2. chuckles

chuckles Member

Bumped for Gary.....

3. h92064

h92064 Active Member

Hammer-time --> PM sent to you.

4. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Ok, I'll try to figure out the PM's

I edited the original post to give the barrell length. Can't believe I left that out. I was trying to get the other pics to show and got frustrated I guess.

Thanks,
    Gary

5. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Guys, I'm not giving this gun away so please stop sending silly offers! This is a great gun at a very good price, and I like it! I just don't have the extra money right now to shoot trap and sporting. I'll let this gun sit in the safe before I fire sale it.

6. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

i would think this would be a great sporting gun a well - maybe even better than for trap.

7. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

M R Ducks, I don't do well with the high rib on the crossing shots. Going away or coming in are dust! Getting into a bad habit of coming out of the gun. Initially, I bought it for the daughter when I thought she was coming here to live, but she decided to stay in Minnesota with her mom. She likes shooting trap wit her cousins.

8. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I've been asked a by a bunch of people if I'd be interested in trades. Probably not, but there is a possibility. The guns I would be interested in are a really nice Super-X1 with nice wood and low shot count. A Cynergy 20 or 28 with 32" tubes. Possibly another 20 Sporting gun but I'm picky and don't want to throw in extra money right now. Possibly reloading stuff. Money's tight all over.

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

Gary check your email...

Chuck

10. SmittyK80

SmittyK80 TS Member

Hi Could you send some photos of the sides of the gun. Does the case go with the gun? Where is the gun located? I am interested.
    Dwight

11. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I don't know how to post a bunch of photos in one post, so I'll do a couple more. Its raining here so I can't get out into the good light. Hope these will do. The case pictured in this photo is the case going with it. I"m in St. Louis, MO.

12. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

here's the right side of the stock

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that is the original wood on the gun? Doesn't it require a lot of shims to match up with the rib?

14. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Not interested in the X2, sorry.

As far as original wood? I couldn't swear one way or the other. Checkering looks like it's cut ot the factory dimensions at least. I've never seen a 391 of this age with this kind of wood. Don't use shims on the comb, don't need to. As far as how many to make it match up to the rib? IT's adjustable! How far is it from your cheek to your eye? Everybodies different. The way it is set up in the pics, it shoots 60/40 for me.

15. J SQUIRREL

J SQUIRREL Member

I am interested in your 391. I would like to talk to you in more detail about your shotgun. Please send me your telephone number so I can call you.
    Thank you, Rocky

16. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

number sent

17. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

gun is sold pending funds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.