1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

money statistic - as it relates to shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

This morning on the radio the trivia question was:

"The average person spends $48 a WEEK doing what?"

and the answer was "They DON'T KNOW"

So I dug out my checkbook and looked at all the 'cash' withdrawals. Cash just goes away - a coke, lunch, whatever. It's just gone. I'm sure you are familiar with the phenomenon. I was glad to see I'm a little below average.

Anyway...a whole bag of shot, per WEEK, just gone. If one could get a handle on that cash that just leaves, would the high price of components even matter anymore?

For what its worth.....

jeff

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I actually make an attempt to cover my ATM or cash withdrawls in a Quicken program. This started out due to a fatal case of anality but it's been really good to consider just how I'm going to justify the spending on "Miscellaneous" which covers the snax, cokes, mochas, a lunch here, a b'fast there. Could that be directed at shooting instead? It would certainly improve those costs but I'm actually quite impressed how at least 1/2 of those withdrawls DO go to legitimate daily items at Ace Hardware, grocery, pharmacy, and so on....Bob Dodd

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

I was forced to buy a used Kolar Combo and in turn my wife bought a brand new house.

Go figure.

38-01615

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

When trying to save money for my house, the banker told me to track every penny I spent in a note book. Yes you find out quick where your money goes. You see the things you need dont need. I was a coffee junky then couldnt drice by dunkin doughnut with out stopping. At that time i was probably spending 20.00 per week on java. Same for buying lunches and going out to eat. you can save save save. Im ready to dump cable at 129.00 month yuck. Aint #$%^ on to boot. just waling up and down my street I get about 2 to 3 bucks in empty cans with deposit.

5. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I call that "walkin money".

$200 usually lasts me about 2 weeks, so it looks like about 100 a week or so goes for those things that I can't use the debit card for, like breakfast, paying for my skeet targets and things like that...maybe an occasional beer at the local watering hole.

You gotta do that for yourself, that is if you can at all, because otherwise you will start to resent your other obligations in life and we don't want THAT, now do we?

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

No, redhawk, we surely don't.

McClellan and BDodd came closest to what I was thinking, though. It's not that I want anyone to resent how they spend their money. I was just thinking how much more some folks could shoot if only they could see clearly that the money IS there to allow them to shoot.

Face it, you can't do much about $50 shot. But you can do something about finding more money to shoot with....

FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.