1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Money shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Model1912y, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Model1912y

Model1912y Member

Could some of you expericed money shooters explain to me how you shoot a buddy shoot and a 5 across along with some other games , as well could you tell me how you charge for it and split the money thanks

2. mono848

mono848 TS Member

At my club we shoot 5 across which is just what it says, everybody lines up behind post one and cycle through till everybody has shot, Then the first man to break all 5 gets to pick where the speaker goes for the shoot-off, which is by the building (50-75yards from the thrower)then it will be thinned down to just a few and most of the time its split, but some of the time it does take a couple times to get it down to where u get something (5-15 dollars), whether its split or shot again is up to the first man to break the shoot off target.The buddies that we shoot work the same way, pick a partner and line up but you fire 2 shots from each post. For example you shoot first but miss your buddy picks it up, it goes from post 1 to 5 then back to you and your partner its his shot first he misses u pick it up, then just move post to post and same way for the shoot off have a chance to pick each others bird up. they charge 2 dollars a match club gets 1 shooters get 1. hope this helps

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We charge $3.00 per man for buddy shoots that's $30.00 $12.00 first place and 2nd gets $6.00 Club gets the rest $12.00

GB
    DLS

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Look at Albany gun club in Oregon they have a very good web site that explains all the games. Also really nice people at the club. Motordoc

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

model1912Y - there are many ways to shoot games for money. I have written excel databases that keep track of the money. It makes it very simple and fool proof. PM me with what you need and i can write it ( or I will already have one)

6. 34model12

34model12 Member

Model1912y, As motordoctor above states the games are explained at our web site but it doesn't go into the payout side of the games. We have counters in the club house on each trap machine. The games (all except backers) are paid out one pay for every three shooters and rounded up when more than is divisable by three. Three shooters one pay, four shooters two pays, five shooters two pays, six shooters two pays, seven shooters three pays & so on. Ten shooters on the line would be four pays, ten shooters times $3.00 each puts $30.00 in the pot. After the game is over they have shot 100 birds times 12 cents per bird is $12.00, clubs take or share. $30.00 in the pot minus the $12.00 leaves $18.00 for the four shooters or $6.50 each. We only shoot the game down to the four pays and divide it equally amoung the four. This allows to get another game started sooner & not wasting time on shoot-off's. When the game is shorter because everyone shoots better less birde are shot and more money goes to the shooters. Then the next game starts sooner. We average about 8 to 12 games in a four hour period. The backers are paid out similar to a percentage basis that PITA & ATA uses after the cost of the birds is deducted. Thanks motordoctor for the kind words, come back and see us again sometime!!! Any further questions pm me.

Tom Boyd