1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"MONEY Rules" response from Fishburn Family

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kaufmands, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaufmands

kaufmands TS Member

In response to the earlier thread from K80433SC:

The owners of Cardinal Center received a message from the campground office this afternoon, about a shooter from PA who was upset about possibly not getting his first choice of campsite for this year’s Ohio State Shoot, and hadn’t gotten his call returned today. The shooter who left this message did not even leave his name with the message, so the girls in the campground office were at a loss as to know how to handle this, but they were able to retrieve a phone number to give to the owners. Mr. Fishburn and his daughter Denise tried to return this PA shooter’s call around 5 p.m., but got no answer and had to leave him a message.

To those of you who are having difficulty getting through on the overwhelmingly busy phone lines to the campground office; let us try to explain how things are being handled. (I might add that the girls in the campground office actually ended up working last Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today – Tuesday, just to keep up with all of the phone calls and return calls on the shoot camping requests, so the effort is definitely being made.) There is call waiting on the phone lines, so you may be able to get through and actually listen to the voice mail greeting, but it does not mean that no one is there answering the phone – they are simply on the other line taking care of another reservation. Please understand that the Fishburn’s are all new at the shooting and campground world, and they are trying their best to accommodate everyone. Anyone who has attended shoots since 2006 can see that many improvements are constantly being made to both the campground and the trap line, from one shoot to the next. When we see there is a problem with something that is not working out or needs improvement, we try to work on that before the next shoot rolls around. We love all the enthusiasm about shooting at Cardinal Center, and we plan to continue making improvements each year!

Last year, for example, Mr. Wengerd was able to fit in about 350 campers for the 2007 State Shoot (compared to the 250 that were fit in for the 2006 State Shoot), so that no one had to be turned away. He got very creative with some sites in order to accommodate more people, and tried his best to keep everyone happy. Most of the people who had sites for shoots in 2006 and/or 2007 will likely be able to get those same sites in 2008, or at least get something close to their first choice of sites. We are going to do our best to make everyone happy again this year, and in the future, but please be patient with us. Thank you to all of those who are so willing to be flexible with their camp site location, and are happy just to be camping on the grounds, as we really appreciate it!!! And yes, we will give priority to those who are taking the 3 shoot package, but remember, there are going to be plenty of sites for everyone, as we are adding three new sections of campsites for 2008, in addition to the Vendors Row camping, so we should be able to accommodate over 400 campers this year. It’s not like those who are unable to take the 3 shoot package will be getting leftover sites, as some of these new sections might prove to be quite desirable sites! Plus, it is not likely that all of the original sites will be reserved on the 3 shoot packages, so most of your requests will probably end up being pretty close to what you are asking for, if not the exact site you are asking for! Understand too that sites have been created to accomodate certain size campers, which is part of the reason why we have to print the phrase about “Cardinal Center reserves the right to assign all sites”. Secondly if 10 people request the exact same camp site, we want you to understand that you can’t all have that spot, and that we will do our best to get you as close as we possibly can to what you want. We have to pick out the next closest site to what you requested, therefore Cardinal Center is assigning those sites as best we can, and hopefully that will be acceptable to most of you. (Mr. Fishburn would also like to emphasize that neither Mr. Wengerd nor Mr. Kaufman have ever received what could be called a “premium” site for any of the shoots – they willingly move their campers around from one shoot to the next, fitting in wherever there is an empty spot left open. Both of these fellows always let the shooters reservations take priority, and they simply take whatever site is left!)

As far as the “almighty dollar” winning out at Marengo, Mr. Fishburn would like you all to know that with the amount of money he has had to invest in this project (and is continually investing), it will be impossible for all the loans to be paid off and him see a return on this investment anytime in the near future or even in his lifetime. It has simply become a very challenging, interesting, and for the most part a fun project, and the Fishburn Family is enjoying all of the new acquaintances we have made. We hope that you will all continue to enjoy our facility, and that you will all continue to be patient with us as we strive to work out all the things that need improved upon! Thank you!!! Jack Fishburn and Family

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

kaufmands:

I shot there 2 times last year and I know you was pressed for time to get things done and I had no complaint's and hope to come back this year maybe 1 time because I had to slow down on my shooting and do other things more important.

Anyway im sure other's really appreciate what you have done for the trap shooters and the last time I was there I really liked the sun set in the photo below are 1 ohio boy and 3 from KY and one from across the border

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/gun%20shoots/ohio%20state/?action=view&current=IMG_1023.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

anyway I never read the thread about the money Rules and if whoever is complaining about it then if they was to spend a few million then they could have a first class facility and can run it the way they want to.

Ok got to do a search on the money rules thread just want to say thanks from someone across the river that I liked your place to shoot at and hope to be back soon.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/family%20photos/?action=view&current=fog-8.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn220

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Looks like you are attracting some great people to your shoot!!! Wish I could shoot there this year.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have shot both state shoots at the new site and loved every minute and want to thank Jack and all involved for a wonderful place to shoot! Thanks Jack and Family!!!!!!!

5. biff

biff Active Member

Devi, Thanks for the compliment! I had my lucky official target orange shorts on for the picture hoping it would blend with the sunset. Ohio shooters are lucky to have such a great place to shoot, I plan to try shooting there again this year. A well run shoot with an improved background this year for the west end traps! Biff

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I know that guy on the end. I have seen him before in pictures on T.S.com. I think he is up to no good somehow. Better watch him. The other 2 looked like they been thru a 15 round fight! At least they hangout with some classy ladies.

As always there are 2 sides to a story. Some people see it as getting the exact same camping spot and others see it as getting a camping spot right at the shot. See everybody after the 16s. Don

7. birdtracker

Great place to shoot

8. birdtracker

another happy shooter

9. birdtracker

and another

10. birdtracker

and the big guy

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

birdtracker

I thought in the last photo yuo was talking about me but I don't shoot like him just look alike.

Fog

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Birdtrax on one end and Rooster trax on the other? Been helpin any lil ol ladies cross the street lately? :) Hapster

13. dollarsworth

dollarsworth TS Member

great facility! will be my grand american shoot,until the ata moves the grand back to ohio! thanks mr. fishburn and family,you have bent over backwards for the shooters and have a world class facility.

14. monroesc

monroesc Member

I think many people fail to realize the difficulty of running a campground. I was an office manager at a rather busy campground for 13 years. There is never enough phone lines and office personnel on any given day to appease everyone and there is never enough "perfect lots" to satisfy either. When you run a business yeah you would really like to turn a profit so you cater to those that will put the most money in. I really appreciate what the Fishburn's have done for the state of Ohio for trapshooting. We are talking about a family that's not familar with our game but they are trying really hard to make this an outstanding facility and give us an outstanding opportunity after the ATA took our "playground" away. Maybe people would be happier to pay $5000 for a lease that they use once a year.
    SARA @ MONROE SC

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

John, be careful somebody doesn't toss ya behind the trap house when I'm shooting with ya...you'll be a goner fer sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.