1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Money punch

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by targetbreaker, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. targetbreaker

targetbreaker Active Member

Money punch and it has been around for seven years and the OSTA, used it at state shoot.

I was surprised to see yardage score of 93 get 1 yard. High scores for that event were 100, 98 and 97, 96 and an half yard.
    And 93 [1]yard money punch.

With everyone getting 2 yards reductions mostly, why would they have the money punch rules.

This seems to put people on the wrong yardage too quickly.

If I was lucky enough to break a loan 88 and get Lewis class alone for over $1200 I would get 1½ yard in that event. If I won $750 I would only get a yard.

But if I did not play the money I would not get any yards for that score of 88 . So be cautious when you play the Lewis class or any options you could get yardage if you won too much money.

So always check and double check your yards each big shoot because you might be on the wrong yards and not know it. That calls for disqualification.

I would like to add , That the OSTA , Has been implementing This rule .

I have not noticed it because there has never been the amount of money winning lately. Thanks to the OSTA they brought the money back to shooting. Their big crowds, create big payouts. Their trophies and sponsors, were second to none. A big thank you, for all of their hard work.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Just imagine if you hit some big Louie's at the grand! You could end up pourin' concrete to stand on!

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Yardage for money is an asinine rule! Thanks to the whiners here on TS for getting that one passed several years back! Do you remember how that came to be, right here on TS??

Hap

4. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Nope! Please tell us! Seriously, please tell us. I have never heard of this, but then again I have only shot registered for less than a year. Thanks.

Arv

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Lewis money punch , are they for real . I can see high scores and high money winners for 100-99`s but for a 93 . That would get me to be shooting fun shoots at local clubs very fast . Hey , thats what I have been doing !!!!!!

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"I would like to add , That the OSTA , Has been implementing This rule"

The reason for that is there is no way they can't implement this rule it is in the ATA rule book. It is an ATA rule not an OSTA rule and it isn't optional.

Bob Lawless

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hap,

I seriously doubt that anyone from the ATA, EC or Central Handicap committee burned any midnite oil scouring over TS.com threads or posts to implement ANY rules of any sort, least of all a money punch rule. The fact that you think this came from "whinners" on here is completely laughable.

GEEZ, not this crap again.

8. Hap MecTweaks

daddiooo, were you on TS before this rule came to be? If so, your memory is questionable. As for your mid-night oil statement concerning anyone from our ATA participating here, where have you been guy?

Hap

9. targetbreaker

As I stated earlier you will get yardage for a Lewis if you win that $750 or over the $1200. There is an [or] in the Rule book.page 25, Which means either or scores of 100 99 98 97 96 according to the earned yardage table, or money winners of above money listed, we'll get a money punch. If you do not play the money and break the same score you will not get that punch. Of course I'm talking about lower scores 80 eight's, 90 three's, you can look at the Ohio shoot and You will see money and green letters these are the money punches. Some of them got a yard or 1/2 yard in the same event, then got money punch on top of it. All in all it adds up.

I called the ATA to make sure of these facts. That's when I was told you could get yardage for a 88 if you win over the money requirements.

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hap,

Not trying to stir the pot BUT...

I was told on another thread not long ago that anyone within the high ranks of the ATA does NOT waste their time reading these threads....

Other than Mr. Winston, I don't recall any of the higher ups responding to anything put on here.

Maybe Mr. Thompson could add some light to this. He has now become one of the readers since he is no longer in an ATA position.

Please don't start blaming what is on here for changes in the ATA rules. They haven't listened to us, or for that matter even consulted with our representative Delegates on sensitive matters lately. Ask your Delegate how much the EC has consulted with them lately, and see what you get for an answer.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Would that also mean a shooter breaking a 100, played the Lewis is going to get 5 yards if the money goes over the speed limit? I think that interpretation is wrong! If not, it damned sure should be!

Hap

12. BigM-Perazzi

My understanding you don't combine punches, you just receive the higher value punch unless you have received equal or greater already.

13. Hap MecTweaks

shotgunpeople, the only thing I addressed was the money punch. That idea WAS born on TS and the rule was mandated as a result.

You are correct concerning other aspects of TS changing much of anything though, it doesn't. I've already asked my delegate several questions also.

Hap

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

shotgunpeople,

Don't be so sure there are not ATA people with some pull either reading or participating on this forum. Several come to mind although I'll leave them nameless. I'll just say you never know who is listening.

Just because they are not posting doesn't mean they are not there.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"You don't double up punches"

Well you don't cut them in half either. The original poster said,

"I was surprised to see yardage score of 93 get ½ yard. High scores for that event were 100, 98 and 97, 96 and an half yard. And 93 half yards money punch."

If the rule reads one yard for $750 bucks. How can you get a half yard for $750 just because it is a 93 or an 88. Seems to me it shouldn't be paid at all there were no 100, 99, 98, 97, or 96's involved so why a payout at 93 or 88??????

Bob Lawless

16. BigM-Perazzi

It would appear they should have received 1 yard for the money. Nothing for the 93.

Rjstuart shows a money punch of 1 yard for a 93.

17. targetbreaker

look at the ohio state shoot results fot the rio handicap
    under [earn yardarge],
    you will see a guy name dan barker 96 gets a 1/2 yard 19 to 19 1/2 , then look
    down you will see his name again with money and gets another 1/2 yard
    19 1/2 to 20 for winning over $750. in that event. if he would have won over $1200. he would have gotten the full yard on the money punch. if you read the rule there is a [OR IN IT.
    I thought the same as Frank when I read the rule,
    but then I called the ATA AND THE [OR] means either or both.
    If you do not get the proper amount of yardage withyour score,
    and win over $750.
    you will get a money puch. even if it is a low score.

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

In reading the rules on page 24 item (5) where money rule comes in I don't see the 1/2 yd money punch only 1 yard money punch,

please point out the 1/2 yd money punch rule page and item.

I saw the money punch on RJ Sturart web site of the Ohio State Shoot.

I know it has been discussed to VOID all 1/2 yd punches at small shoots but it has not been enacted.

The money punch for Low Lewis Class Scores is ASSININE in other words a stupid
    rule and not in line w/2 yard reductions.

I think the rule book needs a section explicitly addressing the $750 earned money yardage, It is vague as written.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Holy Sh!p I actually agree with the Dr. On a few points. The money punch is absolutely stupid and makes no sense. Get rid of the whole thing.

20. BigM-Perazzi

5. Any score of 97, 98 and 99 or winning a total of $750.00 or more (option and added money) in a single handicap event will automatically earn 1 yard, and a score of 100 or winning a total of $1,200.00 or more (option and added money) in a single handicap event will automatically earn 1-1/2 yards provided these scores do not earn at least that much under the earned yardage table

It's pretty clear. He can only get a yard for the $. His 93 would be irrelevant.

Maybe their software needed it split that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.