1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Money Maker Adj ribs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fracdog, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Any comments about the quality of money maker ribs for trap guns appreciated.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Do a search on TS.com about them (Moneymaker) before you decide. Jake

3. smokeshow

smokeshow Member

Better yet, just give moneymaker a call, he is very informative and easy to talk to. I shoot with a gentleman that has had at least 3 guns done by moneymaker, one being an adjustable rib on a ljutic mono, very nice. My TM1 is with him as we speak, custom 3/4" rib and nickeling, should have it next week, can't wait!!!!

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Ray and his wife were at Harry Koch range on Sunday. I had just received a gun from a shop which had a Moneymaker rib on it. The gun was failing to fire so I took it back into the clubhouse. Ray saw the gun and asked to look at it. In a couple of minutes he figured out what was wrong with it and had corrected it. I would have found it eventually, but Ray found it right away and fixed it. It was not his work that was messing up. I took it back outside and shot several nice rounds with this gun.

Ray is opinionated but show me a trapshooter that isn't. The first time I visited his shop, he showed me numerous gun both finished and in progress. He took the time to answer all my questions in detail. There were a number of guns that had been shipped in from all over the country. Many of them were expensive guns waiting to be worked on. A person who had a problem with his Moneymaker rib got on TS.com and complained without calling Ray to tell him about the details. Ray was hacked about the public complaining but no phone call to let him even know there was a problem. I don't know anybody that wouldn't like a chance to fix a problem before taking a public bashing on an Internet forum. I would check out both sides since somebody is sending a number of expensive guns to Omaha to have him work on them. I only have 1 gun with a Moneymaker rib and I like it so far. Ray's son Jay, and his wife have been very helpful also. Your mileage may vary. Omaha

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Moneymaker Guncraft top rated people and job. I have had numerous guns done by them, very satisfied. I highly reccomend them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Jay put adjustable ribs on two K Barrels for me. one of them still shot too low and I called him about it. I sent the gun back and he spent his own time figuring out the problem and then re built the ribs and changed the hanger at his own expense. For my money, he did a very good job and I was pleased with the result. Jay is all I could want. A good man and good company
    Tom Lieb

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Sent 3 guns to Moneymaker worked with Jay and Mike all three came out perfect. I have heard people complaining abot Moneymaker but my dealings were very straight forward and the service was good. I would go back if I needed any rib work again.

Buddy Walters

8. old tex

old tex TS Member

Lots of dealings with Jay, Mike and Ray.
    All were entirely satisfactory.

9. smokeshow

smokeshow Member

Just got my gun back from moneymaker, TM1 with a 3/4" rib and nickeling on the receiver, and I couldn't be happier. Not only did he nickel the receiver, but he also did the trigger, trigger guard, and the forearm iron, even down to the push-button release!!! Top notch in my book, and here are the pics to prove it!! Lance

<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/smokeshow100/?action=view&current=4.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/smokeshow100/?action=view&current=2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/smokeshow100/?action=view&current=6.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Smokeshow, that is a downright good looking trap gun you have there.

If it isn't prying to much, what did something like that cost you? If you'd rather not say, that's okay too.

But it sure is nice looking.

Hauxfan!

11. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

I have the same question. Cost???

12. Hauxfan

UP^^^^^

Hauxfan!

13. smokeshow

smokeshow Member

The rib work was $365.00 while the nickeling was $275.00. The rib was getting re-blued after the new rib, so I decided to nickel the receiver as I had wanted to do this for a while. The rib is set up to shoot around 70/30, but I haven't shot it yet. Would not hesitate to send another gun to him!!!

Lance

14. Hauxfan

Thanks, Smoke.

If it shoots as good as it looks, you got yourself a winner!

Hauxfan!

15. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

That is a FINE looking trap gun. I sure would like to read how you like it after you shoot it.

Arnie

16. antique

antique TS Member

Ray Donna and Jay Barnes are the best.Jim Burk

17. smokeshow

smokeshow Member

I went out and patterned it, after I put higher posts under the comb and removed the front bead, and the way I have it set up right now it shoots 5 1/2" high at 13 yards. Gun is a true joy to shoot, but it will take some time as I shot a mx15 for at least 6 years, and while the gun was with moneymaker I shot my mx8 a lot, now I overswing everything. It will just take time to get use to a lighter gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

money maker remington

money maker ribs