1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Money and FFL Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by copper, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

I just sold a shotgun on here the guy agreed to money order three day inspection as usual he said he want to send money order to the FFL I was shipping gun from only because his FFL wanted FFL TO FFL Have you ever herd of this Dave

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

There comes a point in every sales discussion where you have to draw the line. Private sales over the internet are always risky. You have to determine the level of risk that is acceptable to you.

Personally, I would have no trouble having him send the money to my FFL because my FFL is a friend of mine. However, if it were just a business, I'm not sure I'd be OK with that.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Its not a law, but the receiving ffl is free to set his own requirements.

I wouldn't go through the hassle myself, if the buyer couldn't find a FFL that would accept a firearm from me, a non-FFL, I would find another buyer.

I would also not allow payment to be sent to anyone but me.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Blind transactions, trying to keep it all above board... I can understand his motivation...

Jay

5. copper

copper Member

My FFL was not even understanding why they needed to ship since its legal for me to. country sport shop they don,t want my money NO how no way sent to them Dave In future I will never even get into FFL to FFL Deal once you start agreeing to things gets unreasonable

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Some FFL's won't accept a firearm from an out of state individual, they are just trying to cover their butts although the ATF says a copy of the individuals drivers license is all they need according to my FFL buddy. The funds are a completely different issue.

If the funds go to the FFL in his name how does he transfer the funds to you without him paying tax on it? HE can't so it will cost you more to do it this way, the FFL can't run it thru his account for free.

All the BS stories that keep getting repeated are making people so paranoid that internet gun sales may die. That would be a shame.

7. copper

copper Member

Well I am a reasonable person not a dealer but use to buy and sell or sell to buy witch is the case here I gave my gun broker info A PLUS 18 and anything he asked to this point he was first guy and there were two in and hour of listing gun is a great deal I just sent someone a lot more money for a gun I have been wanting for a few years . If I do ever sell again it will be differen,t no FFL TO FFL heres my info a couple ways to prove who I am thats that. Dave MIGHT BE BACK FOR SALE because money order was suposed to be sent with FFL in a couple days and that was 3 days ago if I had not emailed I don,t know when that was going to happen. Me the gun I am buying check got delayed because bank made a mistake I over nighted it at a cost of 42.00 because I said he would have money by Saturday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.