1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Monday night entertainment - Zimmerman fiasco

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by HSLDS, Jul 15, 2013.

1. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Oh boy,

Piers Morgan is going to interview Rachel Jeantel tonight (7/15) at 9:00 PM

This should be good...

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That arrogant POS should be deported ! Jeff

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick, everyone is 10 times more intelligent than he is.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm thinking beer and popcorn.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Will CNN include closed caption on the bottom of the screen or will an interpreter be present.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

"Creepy Ass Cracka" = Creepy ass cop, or security guard. Not racial, interesting.

As is "Nigga" = any male, of any color. Information the prosecution should have known prior to the trial

I think her defiance in court, made her testimony less credible. Her testimony if believed could very easily have changed this case, although not the verdict. Although with Florida law I am not sure if it matters who the initial aggressor was, or caused the physical confrontation with the first touch, it would have put George Zimmerman's statement of what happened in question. The juror interviewed on the prior show, did not think she was credible. I wonder if they would have seen her as she was on tonight's show, maybe a little more credible.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It apparently did not matter. The jury clearly saw martin as the aggressor and attacker, and Zimmerman as the attacked, and threw out all the hubris.

9. Stl Flyn

Did you hear what she testified to, as far as what Trayvon Martin was saying, and what she heard that night, while talking to Trayvon Martin?

If you believe her testimony, it definitely changes the first aggressor, and attacking theory. It also makes George Zimmerman a liar.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I think she's full of crap. Hence my statement that apparently it did not matter. The jury saw it as hubris.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I would give more credibility to the recorded discussion between Zimmerman and the dispatcher. Zimmerman was calm, informative, and persistant with information. His tone was not aggressive or aggrevated.

A juror was interviewed last night. She said all the proof showed Zimmerman to not be racist.

Did you know Zimmerman took a black girl to the prom? I found that fact interesting.

12. Stl Flyn

Was any of George Zimmerman's information to the dispatcher based on assumptions, or pre-conceived notions?

Does that mean that when George Zimmerman profiled Trayvon Martin, race had nothing to do with it?

Does "These assholes, they always get away" and "Fing punks" as he is running toward Trayvon Martin seem aggressive in any way?

13. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Not once did Zimmerman use any racial slurs. Not once. I think some guy profiling blacks, or a racist would have. Zimmerman's neighborhood had several burglaries in the past 14 months. Zimmerman had a bicycle stolen of his porch in broad daylight. There were home invasions. I have no doubt Zimmerman was profiling. He was looking for people that didn't look like they were from the neighborhood. That doesn't mean he was looking for blacks. There were many blacks from the neighborhood. He was profiling people that looked out of place. Profiling yes, not racially profiling.

If you think he started a physical confrontation with Martin then you must be blind. Zimmerman was a wimp. He got knocked to the ground and beaten.

I would bet Zimmerman had never been in a fight in his life. You have to understand that having his nose broke and his head beaten into the concrete he probably thought he was going to die. I have had a few scuffles in my life. I certainly have been punched in the nose and probably have had my head pounded in the ground. And having those experiences I would know I was not going to die. But, Zimmerman did think he was dead.

That is it in a nutshell. The FBI concluded Zimmerman was not a racist. It was an unfortunate event in which things escalated out of control. Zimmerman is not a racist killer.

Darr

14. Stl Flyn

I agreed already that he was not a racist. The horse is dead! As in your beating a dead horse by the way.

They are simple questions, read them for what they ask? You are reading into them, way past what they are asking.

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn is probably 3 college kids in some mom's basement getting high.

16. Stl Flyn

Damn, how did you do that man?

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I was explaining how he was profiling. Read my post. Profiling out of place people. That doesn't make it wrong.

IMHO my explanation and understanding of the event says it all. This case is not that complicated. Zimmerman was looking out for his neighborhood. Perhaps over zealously looking out for his neighborhood. But, he didn't start a fight. He did think he was going to die. And he used a gun. That is it. Cut and dried.

Darr

18. Stl Flyn

I don't see it as simple as that.

Why was Trayvon Martin in particular, seen as out of place?

Your right certain points in this case are not wrong by themselves. You have to look at everything is this case, the whole process, to determine what could be right, or wrong though.

Why is it that NEVER in any of these posts, the fact that Trayvon Martin had rights also? The exact same rights George Zimmerman had. The exact same rights WE ALL HAVE. Is it because it is seen, as he did not have any rights? Is it because he lost his rights, after he supposedly attacked Zimmerman. Is it possible he was defending himself against Zimmerman's aggression?

19. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

didn't Martin enter from a corner of the sub-division instead of the normal entrance? Would this then cause him to be cutting across the yards of other residents? During the night, I would be suspicious.

20. Stl Flyn

He did. He cut through an area straight from the 7-Eleven, that was not fenced in. This gated community was nothing but that. It was not a fully fenced in community, and secured. The brick fence surrounding the complex at the roads was four feet tall at most.

It was a path that others would take to walk through also from that particular direction. Go to Goggle maps and type in, 1958 Oregon ave. Sanford, Florida. Go to street view. You can see there is not a fence there. Also look where the 7-Eleven was, 1125 Rinehart Rd., and you can see the route Trayvon Martin was taking to get back home. Pretty good hike actually. You can also travel around the complex by clicking on different areas of the roads, surrounding the complex, to get a better idea of the layout, and security of it in street view.

He may not have had a card to get in the front gate. He was not living there.

It would have been nice if the security cameras were working that are mounted at the main entrance gate. Would have recorded some of the activities.