1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Monark 12 Ga paper shells vintage 1954

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by tmhart, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmhart

tmhart TS Member

0   0   0

Recently came across a full case of 12GA Federal Monark paper shells 2 3/4dr
    1 1/8oz lead shot with a pie shape crimp. Because of the vintage(1954)other
    trapshooters say the the boxes and the shells would be consider collectible.
    Could someone shed insight on this issue and possibly refer me to other shooters or web sites so that I may learn the value. These shells and boxes are in very good shape and were found in an unopen case.

I'm currently in Connecticut for the next four weeks, if anyone is interested they can call me on my cell phone 772-708-1026 and ask for Tom.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

$10-$15/box if your lucky, or a buck a shell if you want to take the time to part them out. Very few shotgun shells have much value (and none that have been made in the last century or so, and very few boxes have much value until you get into the 2 piece boxes or stuff made in the 1800s or early 1900s.

3. lite load

lite load TS Member

0   0   0

that statement that shot shell boxes are not very valuable until you get back to the 2 piece boxes is not correct. There are several other one piece boxes that can be valuable and some even mildly so. What is the picture on the fron of your Monark boxes?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Lite load- If your going to quote me, please quote me correctly. I said, "very few boxes have much value until you get into the 2 piece boxes or stuff made in the 1800s or early 1900s.".

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Your best bet would be to sell them by the box. A full case that is a wooden case may bring more than per box x 20 would but I don't think a cardboard case will. IMHO the shells are too recent to try sell by individual shell. You'd be lucky to get 50 cents each. There are a lot more box collectors than ind shell collectors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

federal monark

federal monark 12 ga

federal monark shotgun shell

federal monark shotgun shells

monark shotgun shells

monark trap shells

value monark 12 ga trap shells paper
vintage paper shells monark