1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mole skin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by edwin hicks, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin hicks

edwin hicks TS Member

allright guys ill work on my comb, where do i get this mole skin stuff at, is it adheisive backed?

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I buy mine at the drug store, usually in the section where they sell foot stuff.. insoles etc..

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Walgreens sells it. It does have an adhesive that will usually not affect your finish on your stock. Years ago you could get large sheets of mole skin, today it comes in small pieces. It comes in two different thickness. Suggest use the thin one and add to it as needed as the thicker one is spongie.

If you go on the internet you can purchase 24" sheets for $6.99
    Dr. Scholl's Moleskin Plus Roll Padding, 24" x 4 5/8" 1 ea

our price: $6.99
    in stock

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Only thing left now is for the guy who was allergic to the adhesive to come on here and scare you off. ;-) I've used it for going on 20 years.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

one suggestion i might make-- in the area that you'll be putting the mole skin down on-- lay out black electrical tape first, the soft adhesive will harm your stocks finish if and when you remove the mole skin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.