1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Molded Ear Plugs in Maryland

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ScottEslick, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Can anyone recommend some place in or around Maryland to get custom ear plugs done?

Thanks,

Scott

2. Rossi396

Rossi396 Member

From the E.A.R. / Insta-Mold Website:

"...Visit with an E.A.R., Inc./Insta-Mold provider in your area.
    Since we offer extensive product lines, many of our providers only service certain markets. Please contact our office at 800-525-2690 or 303-447-2619 to find your closest provider.

Visit your local audiologist, ENT clinic or hearing aid dispenser.
    If we are not able to find a provider in your area, refer to the Yellow Pages under "Hearing" and make an appointment with a local audiologist, ENT clinic or hearing aid dispenser. Once you have your impressions, mail them along with a completed order form stating your physical address and method of payment to E.A.R., Inc./Insta-Mold. If mailing a check, please make payable to E.A.R., Inc./Insta-Mold.

Visit E.A.R., Inc./Insta-Mold providers at recreational events worldwide.
    We have some of the best providers in the world that would be happy to discuss your hearing concerns and assist you in choosing the perfect product for your needs...."

Tony in Pittsburgh

3. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

Scott, Depending on how soon you need them,the Keystone shoot in May will have venders at Elysburg.
    Phil

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Barts Sports World in Glen Burnie on Ritchie Hwy. a mile south from the DMV makes them in the shop...call ahead and ask for Jack or Al 410-761-8686

5. arend003

arend003 Member

I have made both me and my wife plugs with the Radians kit. They work great for us or also you might check with a local hearing aid company they should also abe able to make you a set.
    Tom

6. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Call Stanley Scott at: 1-866-296-7805 or 301-350-1349 or 240-994-2919

His email is: sscott3202@aol.com

Stanley usually comes to the PG Trap and Skeet to make ear plugs for the shooters.

I hope this helps you.

John

7. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

+1 for the Radians kit. I made a set for the wife and myself. Easy to do and inexpensive

8. Mark T

Mark T TS Member

Stay away from the "Do It Yourself" kits! Get a custom pair made from somebody who knows what they are doing.

The DIY kits have several issues. First, not enough "putty" to make a proper set of plugs so you need to buy another kit. Second, most of us are not trained in audiology and shouldn't be doing something that is 1 step away from a surgical proceedure. Third the "compuound used in the DIY kits has a shrinkage factor - unlike that from the E.A.R. providers. As a result you will not get the protection factor that you need to protect your hearing.

Do it right the first time spend a little more money and get a good pair of custom molded earplugs. It's worth the investment. Protect what little hearing you have left. Onece it's gone - it's gone. You can't get it back.

9. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Call Stanley Scott at: 1-866-296-7805 or 301-350-1349 or 240-994-2919

His email is: sscott3202@aol.com

Stanley usually comes to the PG Trap and Skeet to make ear plugs for the shooters.

I hope this helps you.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

stan scott custom molded earplugs

stanley scott ear plugs