1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MOJO Dove - anybody tried them?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bentbarrel, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bentbarrel

bentbarrel TS Member

Just ordered some from Cabela's, they got good reviews. I wandered if anybody on T.S had any experience with them?

Click on above website to see more details as to what a MOJO dove is.

Thanks - Gary

2. HP TARGET

HP TARGET TS Member

I use them here in Texas and they work great. You can watch the birds turn towards the decoy from a long way off. The big trick is to keep good batteries in it so the wings give off a strobe effect.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I used them last year and they worked great. I had birds actually land around it. Put it about 20 - 25 yards out from your shooting spot.

Jim

4. BMC

BMC Member

Where we hunt we fortunately don't need them. I have a hard enough time keeping the gun loaded. 20 minutes into the morning, we are usually limited out and done. They could be a advantage in the evening though when the birds are more spooky.

5. Msuhunter

Msuhunter Member

Have not tried mojo dove but have used aero dove (wind driven) was pleased with results. The problems is when their is no wind, then I assume mojo would be great.

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I have both a Mojo and an Aero in my truck I plan to try Sept. 1st.

I'll let you know!

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

AJ, you musta got the hen model? :) Hap

8. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

HMMM, decoys for dove. That's kind of like a snow shovel, they just don't seem necessary here.

9. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

They work great, two are better than one. Need to have someone ready to shoot when you turn them on. Have had doves try to land on them, some that shoots a limit in twenty minutes is really bragging. I have shot doves for 25 years, my dog could not even pick them up that fast

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Levi,

Where the heck do you hunt dove? Shooting starts at 1/2 hour before sun up and most guys here are cleaning birds by the time the sun is up. Here we don't really have to wait for birds the limit is 10 with in an aggregate of not more then 6 white wings. Birds are close and constant. Long retrieves are under 50yrds. Using a small gauge you should get the job done in well under a box of shells. One day you need to take a trip and do some real dove hunting. My lab can make a retrieve in well under a minuet and by the time he’s back I’m sending him again. Here 20min for 10 birds is so-so shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mojo trap shooting