1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

modle 12 super x

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by start1, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. start1

start1 TS Member

a friend bought a used modle 12 duck gun from a local gunsmith when we were in high school. the gun has a 30" barrel with a solid rib. the foreend is a beaver tail like a trap gun forend. the butt stock is the standard short with a solid red winchester pad--- both have factory appearing checkering. the orginal owner was a person that would know how to order a special equipted gun from winchester. i have never seen another modle 12 like this one. is it likely this gun was ordered from winchester with a trap forend and standard butt stock ect.

2. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I bought a 1954 Model 12 duck 30" 10 years ago from the owners widow. I had dreamed of owning that gun when I was a kid in 1960's. The guy who owned it, ordered it in 1953 with factory engraving with gold inlays, a donut rib, and Beautiful trap B carved wood. He shot registered trap with it and did very well. I have another model 12 duck 32" solid rib that came with factory trap wood. Ya never know with model 12's. You could order them pretty much anyway you wanted them. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.