1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

modle 12 help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by james dent, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james dent

james dent TS Member

hi i just got my first model 12 it has a vent rib and nice wood slide nice and point nice but when u put a shell in the mag it does not stay in just pops out what is wrong need help love the gun it was built in 1954

2. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Maybe someone removed the Cartridge cut-off from the receiver. Just a guess. Larry Evans

3. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

does it come all the way out,or does it pop out 1/2-3/4".If it comes all the way out,its the mag cut off.Should be on the right hand side as your looking down on it[trigger side up]..Ray

4. james dent

james dent TS Member

I found the problem. The shell. Catch is wore off the end were can i get a new one

5. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

A shell will seem like it "popped out" on a Model 12 when pushed into the magazine. The shell is captivated by the carrier and will feed into the chamber when the gun is cycled. Put a couple of shells in your gun`s magazine, leaving the last one "popped out" and try and cycle it, I bet it works.

6. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

You can try Nu-Line guns,inc,they swhow a listing [#usr11012] for $29.95. Hope this helps

7. james dent

james dent TS Member

Thank u to every one who helped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.