1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 50 Winchester Trap

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by SX12, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SX12

SX12 Member

0   0   0

I have not shot trap for some time, but plan to this year. During the last several years I have done most of my hunting with model 50's and have fallen in love with them.
    My dove gun is a 20 gauge, no beauty, but easily my favorite of the dozens I've shot.

My pheasant gun is a 59 receiver with a 30 inch vent rib barrel and a wenig new american stock. This combination has perfect balance. I also use it for pass shooting pigeons rather regularly and it has no peer when I figure my shooting percentages.

I have lots of model 12 and Super x-1's I can trade if you are so inclined.

SX-12 in Iowa

2. Sun River

Sun River TS Member

0   0   0

Can't tell if you want to buy one or sell one? Packer

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WTB section, take a guess!

4. Sun River

Sun River TS Member

0   0   0

Not real familiar with this sight so, didn't know. I have one in pigeon grade for sale. Packer

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

0   0   0

Mod 50 is a great gun reliable and all steel. You will have to supply your squad mates with hard hats due to the empties being ejected from post 1 all the way to post 4.

6. Sun River

Sun River TS Member

0   0   0

JT 27, You know how they eject emptys. I have a skeet model 50, and I tell every one to stand aside. A rubber band solves the problem at trap. Thanks

7. SX12

SX12 Member

0   0   0

I have a little book called the "Do Everything Manual" written by Pugliese. It advises on how to cure the ejection problem by filing the back end of the ejector rod, gradually reducing its length until ejection is satisfactory.

Still looking for a gun

SX12

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Winchester model 50s and 59s that throw spent hulls like that are out of time, period! If not properly kept in time, both steel and alloyed receivers will crack! All 50 series guns must be kept timed and the first signal the gun is out of time is throwing a spent hull way out there as mentioned above!!

Filing down an ejector rod to cure this? Not hardly, all that does is cover up the real problem!! You do file down a new ejector rod when installing one for fine tuning it! That "Do Everything Manual" writer is full of shit on that so called fix!! What that will do is cover up the real problem and allow your guns receiver to crack anyway!

These are fine guns but MUST be kept timed properly or you'll suffer the consequences. Please don't ask me how I know or learned this first hand? :-(

Hap

9. Sun River

Sun River TS Member

0   0   0

THANKS FOR THE INTEREST. ASKING $1250.00 FOR THE PIGEON GRADE. Got thousands of rounds through a skeet model 50. No cracking problem. Know of a number of old timers who have used these for a waterfowl gun, long time ago.

Packer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best way to time a winchester model 50

winchester model 50 trap for sale