1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Model 50 Value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike K P, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I'm looking to see what might be the value of my model Winchester model 50. It's a 12 ga. and the receiver is in excellent shape, 98%. It has a monte carlo stock with a new recoil pad. The wood is in nice shape but although it's close the stock doesn't quite match the forend since I bought it recently. The barrel is a factory 30" full choke with a round post original rib. I sent it to Stu Wright and had the barrel fitted and he did that then went over the gun and put a couple new springs in it. The barrel finish isn't as nice as the receiver but it's in good shape with a mint bore. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike.
  2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A solid $700..and very possibly more.. The barrel alone is worth a good $350.. the monte carlo stock.. $150/$200 and receiver complete and gone thru.. $200/$300 Hope this helps..
  3. claybuster38

claybuster38 TS Member

I HAVE 4 OF THEM THE MOST i HAVE PAID IS $ 225.00 THE FIRST ONE I bought in the 50es and hunted with it all my life. they are my favorite gun. However I have been buying browning twelvetts. I need a barrel for one of them. Marv
  4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I have a few nice.. Browning twelvette barrels.. in full... poly.. or Cutts.. NO vent ribs.. Poly $190 shipped in the 48 Cutts $250 with 1 choke.. full..$275.. I also have Model 50 a few model 50's.. No vent ribs.. plain barrel shooters.. Many reblued.. all gone thru.. Just nice clean field guns.. $300.00 and up... Need nothing but maybe a front bead..(when barrels were reblued..I left them off.. Some shooters want brass.. some a Hi-Viz..some a ray-bar...).. many are clean.. factory original with some blue wear..)...
  5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

Not unusual that the receiver is highly polished. It is typical of the model 50.

Value range $450-550. currently, unless it's at Cabella's, then it would be $800+.
  6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Can ANYONE tell me where to buy an original model 50 full choke vent rib barrel for under $350... or a Monte Carlo trap stock for under $125.00 for a model 50..I have a few people wanting them... Thanks.. Mike
  7. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Barry Roach is right on

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- as to where to find this stuff cheap-- you need to just look and be patient- its not like you can pick up the phone and call "1-800 cheap gun parts when I want them so I can prove the value of the gun I own"
  8. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Hi Gene, I think you are assuming an awful lot. I'm not trying to prove the value of the gun I own. That's why I asked for some opinions from people who might know. I've always received good insight from some very friendly people. I'm not sure of the intent of your response as you never really answered my question as the others did. If you do know what it might be worth I would appreciate your input. Thanks, Mike.
  9. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Mike P---My comment wasnt meant for you- sorry if I didnt specify- I just wanted to leave it an open remark

I think Barry Roach is right on but then you always get the highball comments from people that own them

Gene
  10. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Active Member

Mike: Gene would estimate the value of a 2009 Mercedes at approximately $75. That being said; I just sold an extremely nice 97%+ Model 50 trap with a Monte Carlo stock for $900. I have its twin in my gun cabinet, with the original Winchester recoil pad, original wood and would need at least that or more to part with it. Believe me the Model 50 is a very nice gun and I feel will someday increase dramatically in value. Ed
  11. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

I seen yesterday a Model 50 trap Pigeon Grade all original $1200 Richie
  12. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

LOL- seems like Mike would estimate things lower than I do--- I really wasnt talking about him

I think lots of times there might be some confusion about guns and collectors value

This gun sounds pieced together- I think Barry is right on- as far as value goes

regards from Iowa

Gene
  13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Something is worth what you can get for it.. As a parts gun.. I can easily get $700..or more.. And.. I have not been able to buy one with an original vent rib for under $700 in years.. And.. if Stu has gone thru it..It's RIGHT... I easily see $700.. All machined tool steel.. I like it better than a SuperX-1..
  14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Active Member

I have 1100s, a Beretta A-303 and several 50s and one 59 Winchester. My 50 is the softest shooting gun I've shot trap with!

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=model50005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Before I'd take 700 for this one, it goes to the ash pile with me. Hap
  15. Barry C. Roach

Hap, there's a whole lot of difference between a mismatched gun and that beauty of yours. I have a 20 ga. Mod. 50 and a 12ga. Mod.59. Both just field guns but I have always enjoyed shooting them.
  16. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Active Member

Hap: Very nice. My gun is a twin to that one. I had Phil Crenwelge convert the trigger to a release so I can shoot it occasionally. Why Winchester quit making them is beyond me. Ed
  17. JLJ0422

JLJ0422 TS Member

I'd agree shot a model 50 for 30 yrs never a problem, and a definate soft shooter. Shoot a 390 32" feels similar to me but for nostalgia I'd love to have a model 50 trap! Joe D
  18. Barry C. Roach

Too many hands-on operations and expensive materials. Too expensive to compete.

Anyone have a nice 50 trap for sale? I'd like to have one.
  19. WISHBONE

WISHBONE TS Member

I have two beautiful Model 50's (12 & 20) Both are deluxe grade skeet models with WS1 vent rib barrels. $850 for the 12 gauge and $1250 for the twenty gauge. Both guns are nice !!! For pictures, send and email to my address listed.
    DAVE
  20. wgsparkie

wgsparkie TS Member

WinchesterAA,

Can you tell me where you saw the 12ga Model 50 Trap Gun you said was going for $1200. I've been looking for one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.