1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 50 Skeet Price question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winchesterAA, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Hi,
    I dont know anything about the Winchester Model 50, So i need some opinions, I seen a Model 50 Skeet today for sale, Its all original with a Winchester round post doughnut base rib WS-1 choke, Checkered factory wood and winchester but plate The gun is in 95% too maybe 98% The dealer wants $795 for it, Is that too much? And is it a good gun? Thanks Much Richie Its a 12 ga.

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Really depends on where you are as to the market, a field 50 in really good shape might bring $350, with a rib. Skeet 50's seem to top out at around $450 and a trap will generally bring $100 more. Whatever the market will bear, that's about it on those I have seen sell.

I think a NIB gun might bring what he is asking.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

From what I see, his price is quite high. In this part of the country, in the condition you describe, 450-500 would be tops. Are they a good gun? Yes, if you keep them clean.

4. WISHBONE

WISHBONE Member

Do you know if it is a "deluxe"??? if so it will have metal disc on the pistol grip bottom also the forearm will have a three diamond checkering pattern on the bottom and maybe the bolt will be jeweled. Yes, that gun would be worth the price and a regular in the $500 range. If the serial number has an "A" at the end, then it has an alloy receiver and would not be worth as much.

5. WISHBONE

WISHBONE Member

I have shot model 50's since 1957 and I still have the first 12 & 20 which both are deluxe models. both have at least 400,000 shells thru them and I have never replaced anything but the firing pins which is routine maintenance. Just in case you had a problem of some sort, there is a steady supply of parts on ebay and here is a web-site for the other things. The pricing still applies as I stated. Everybody loves a bargain !!!!!! "A good deal is only in the mind"

www.winchesterguns.com/services/obsolete.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 50 skeet and trap