1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 42

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I have a Model 42 that belonged to my grandfather ( purchased in 1952 )

I am thinking of having some engraving ( mayebe some gold while I'm at it )done to the receiver/barrel. I don't care for the original Winchester engraving. I will probably use Bill Main if I have something done.

Anyone have pics of an engraved Model 42 ( or model 12 for that matter )that would provide suggestions/inspiration for having some scratching done ?

Thanks in advance,

Noel

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If it is factory engraving on it, you would be financially well off to leave it as is. Factory engraved 42's are uncommon and worth some significant money.

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00544.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00550.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I do believe this was done by Ken Hurst.

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Below is are a couple of pictures...not of a 42 but of my SX-1 receiver, also done by Ken Hurst. I have nothing against Mr. Mains, but I strongly suggest Mr. Hurst. His number is (910) 221-5288 and you can reach him there in working away 7 days a week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

i still like the turtle

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.