1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 32 or KS-5 Special?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Maurice, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurice

Maurice Member

Ken, I would stick with the KS5 special, very simple trigger system and problem free. I have a KS5 that I have had for over 20years and never had a problem. I also have a Model 32 combo which is an excellent gun, but the problem you describe is more than likely a head space problem that will require the gun to be sent to Krieghoff in Germany. Maurice ( The Brit.)

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have both as my trap, skeet, sporting guns. The major good thing for the O/U is that it can be made to be suitable for almost any clay target shooting game while the KS-5 spl will always be for singles and handicap trap. If he's just plain never going to shoot doubles or consider trying wobble, skeet, 5 stand, or sporting games, then the single barrel is the one and it's wonderful simplicity can't be beat. Mine is the very last single barrel gun I'll likely own. Any repairs on the M32 can be easily handled by Krieghoff International in PA or in a number of shops that are certified Krieghoff repair stations. Your failure to fire occasionally could be as simple as a worn firing pin. If I had to own just one of my guns it would probably the O/U just because it would permit my shooting any discipline I wanted from trap singles, handicap, doubles, International Trap, wobble, 5 stand, sporting clays, and skeet; not bad on starlings and blackbirds too.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The KS-5 is ok, I would opt for the M-32. I have owned several M-32s, there are many barrels available, sgl & o/u and a lot of used stocks to play with, all reasonably priced. I don't think head space would be the firing problem regardless of age. As for repairs, Kreighoff has US service located in Ottsville Pa. just north of Philly. John Allem in Zionsville Pa and another is Chris Maest in New Jersey, he would be my choice, he was the master gunsmith in Ottsville before going out on his own. For pricing, go to Jaqua's or Frontier Guns for comparison prices. A 33xx serial # is an older gun and the major changes made were to the trigger systems. All the current K-80 parts will fit this gun. Your son may want to shoot doubles at some time in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.