1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 32 Krieghoff Miss-Fire

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Won a case of older Remington Gun Clubs last month. They had the brass colored base.

I used four boxes for a winter league shoot and had four miss-fires out of the hundred. Up till this event I never had a miss-fire with this gun.

If I replace the trunnions will this close up the head space? Replacing trunnions looks like a pretty straight forward job. It looks like you remove the small screw and push out the old trunnion. Push in the new ones and replace the smaller screw.

Is it possible to exchange the trunnions from one side to the other?

Thanks .........

2. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Sounds like you're considering an engine rebuild for a case of bad gas.

I'd suspect the shells before the gun.

Easy way to check for headspace on a Krieghoff is to hold the gun up sideways to a light and push the top lever all the way over to pull the hood back. If you see ALOT of light between the face and the monobloc, you have a headspace problem.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My krieghoff guru, a german fellow that worked in the factory till retirement, checks for "tightness" on the M.32 by: Close the gun, remove the forearm, hold the gun vertically with a side of the gun facing you and give it a good series of shakes. It's either tight or very obviously not. But, if you've never had mis-fires with the gun before these shells, I'd certainlly want to check out the ammo before tearing into the gun....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Some of the older GC shells had hard primers. If your gun has been performing properly with other ammo, that should tell you something.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

gun clubs are noted for "dished in" primers sometimes-- and that causes the problem

Trunions? are you sure you are talking about a K32-- its the barrel recepticle (sp?) that wears- and not the hinge pins usually

Now they have made oversize hinge pins

Gene

6. george vogel

george vogel TS Member

I had the same thing happen with Gun Clubs. I called a gunsmith I know,he said the same thing GN7777777 said about the dished primers.

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

.003 max recommend factory spec clearance for head space

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.