1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 21 stock experts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I am trying to get a stock I purchased on the internet to fit my m 21.I am not getting the bottom plate to close completely.I wonder if I need to send it to a stock fitter or is there some simple trick.I haven't tried putting the other screws in to tighten it but maybee I have answered my own question
    Monty

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

i would suggest you use the services of a good stockmaker. The 21 does not use a stockbolt so metal to wood fit is critical. I learned that when I restocked mine. I sent it to the Winchester Custom Shop for final fitting.

3. wm rike

wm rike Member

M21 stocks were individually hand fitted. With few exceptions, they are not interchangable without some work.

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Mop 21's are not a stock interchangable gun. You may have closure and firing problems even if you get it to "fit" properly. Pressure on the trigger guard bolt can make it inoperable. I would have a stockmaker relieve it properly.

5. romie

romie Active Member

I think you are correct on the fitter

Thanks

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Romie what part of the country are you in? If your in the northeast e-mail me @ gunfit@aol.com I should be able to help. What ever you do insist that who ever installs the stock testfires it with live ammo. If there not willing to do such a test then find another stocker. Mod 21's have tricky triggers and need someone familar with them. If it happens to have a miller single triger
    let me know I know how to work with them. Cant say that for many others. Living about 100 miles from Miller has been a help.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.