1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Model 1912 Winchester

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todddietrich, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

I think I did pretty good. I bought a Winchester 1912 at a recent auction for $250.It has a 30" x 2 3/4" Mod barrel. Serial number 67,XXX puts it at 1914. I'm pretty sure it's been reblued and the finish looks like someone "helped". Dad took it down and wiped the cob webs out. He seems to think the barrel has not had more than a box or two through it. What is something like this worth?

regards,

Todd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I think you did really well for $250. You could part it out and get more out of it than that (although I hate when people part a classic like this). You also have to consider this is the first year they made the 12 gauge model 12. Being a mod choke is slightly rarer than the standard full as well. Being reblued hurts the value to collectors, but I would still put this gun in the $450-500 range.

John

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

In this neck of the woods, plain barrel Model 12 field guns are in abundence
    at $250.00 to $350.00. Trap versions are still holding their value at $900.00 -o $1,200.00

4. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

what makes the ol girl really unique is that is that it has the really short tube action bar. any other forend wood would have to be cut deeper to fit. have a great day howard

5. todddietrich

I took it out and shot a round with it this afternoon. It took a post or two to get adjusted to shooting without a rib, but after that it works fine. My 5'-4" wife does not have enough arm to reach the fore arm, and she says it kicks harder than her pink Benelli.

Todd

6. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

In that case unloader, how many would you buy for $700 as I can do quite well here! Please respond asap! Tom Rhoads

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Love those receiver lines.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Tom Rhoads ... you have to remember that regional difference will alter price. There are areas with Lots and lots of Mod 12s, and other areas where that are scarce.

9. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

In my opinion you did well.

10. todddietrich

My stop bidding price was $400. If I ran across another that was in the same shape, I would consider buying. The gun safe has a few that don't get used like they should, but I have regrets over almost every gun I sold off or traded. A nice three screw Ruger Blackhawk in 41 mag and a Browning Hi Power come to mind.

regards,

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester model 1912 features first year

winchester model 1912 shooting