1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Model 19 Smith & Wesson

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Here is another one of those, my friend has a gun......threads. I don't have much information. I know it's a model 19 357 (blue), 2.5 inch barrel, new in the box. Don't have a date but pretty sure it was made in the 70s or 80s. Any ideas on worth? Thanks,

BB

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

check the right catagory, they'll let you know.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Should be range of 350-500 pending more info and is indeed NIB

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Fred, what does that mean???

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

BB, 27th edition 2-3 years old book says that their 8 engineering changes to this model since it first came out. Your blue 2&1/2 barrel most likely with the round butt and disc. in 1991 is worth at 100% must have original box for this, is worth $395 in my blue book. This price can vary with factors. Hope this helps. Break-em all. Jeff

6. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

More info is needed. Open the cylinder and look under the yoke recess where the model is stamped on the frame to see what "dash" number it is. This affects value. Also, being a snubbie adds value.....they seem to be "hot" as of late.

Pinned: A pin will be present through the frame at the barrel/frame junction.

Recessed: The cylinder will be counterbored allowing the cartridge rim to sit flush with the rear face of the cylinder.

Both of these features were discontinued in later Smiths (roughly the early 80's) and will factor into value. IMO Blue Book value means squat in most all cases.....market demand and features will determine price.

If it's truly NIB with all accessories it's probably a 500+ revolver.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I have seen some pinned and not recessed and vice-versa. My 2 1/2 round butt has both.

Steve

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Wow! I see I need to find out more about this gun but you have given me much needed info. Thanks folks.

BB

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I'll buy that gun if it's for sale. Send the price, pics and serial number to 442014@comcast.net

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have a NIB 19 4" in stainless...this is a square butt gun in the box with all the goodies. It is sort of rare because it is one of the first stainless guns before SW changed model #'s of stainless guns to begin with "6"...its a beautiful gun but not sure of its value either..I'm the original owner and it has been shot 6 times to zero site with my combat load

11. CalvinMD

I sort of thought it might be a little more valuble than most

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Calvin, I just tried to look up your gun in the book to give you an idea, but you must have a very rare gun. My Blue Book does not show any Stainless Steel models in Model 19 at all. Only in Blue and Nickle finish. Break-em all. JEff

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I believe a stainless model 19 is a model 66. HMB

14. spritc

spritc Active Member

In Indiana a 2.5" model 19 NIB will bring $550.00 or more.

Steve

15. CalvinMD

yes the 19 in stainless is the 66...thats what makes this one so cool...it is a true "19" I will try to photo so you can see the model#

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.