1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

model 12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jd288, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd288

jd288 TS Member

Could someone tell me the difference between model 12 early and post model 12 y series. Is the y a good gun? Thanks

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Do a search. (top of page)

More info.on these threads than you can read in one evening.

Regards.....Gerald

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

the y guns are as good or better the any pre 64 gun

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

The "Y" guns are sub-par as Model 12's go. They could never be considered equal or better?? than an original pre 64...no way.

Wayne

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

gee- lets discuss religion too!!!! but i'd say majority rules , byfar the public says pre64. if all you gonna do is shoot it- then heck buy a Y for less money- bet you still dont wear it out?????

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

I don't have religion, but I have plenty of M12's......a "Y" gun will wear out, I have seen a pigeon with a cracked receiver for starters...they are junk.

Wayne

7. KS user

KS user TS Member

Maybe that is why they are cheeper? The quality is not as high in a "Y" model.IMO

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

IMHO...If you going to shoot it, what's the difference? I've got both, the old one is a bit more solid sounding when slammed shut but they both break targets the same. I believe the main difference is the Pre 64's actions were machined from solid steel stock and the "Y"'s were machined from investment castings. I see no problem with either. And to Wayne..My "Y" trap has many, many thousand rounds thru it and has never had any adjustments made on the rings. Still tight as new. My old one has had the chamber ring changed and the gun rebuilt by Wright's once. Not really sure how much it was shot, I'm the third owner.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.